Monday, January 21, 2019

Acure Curiously Clarifying Lemongrass and Argan Shampoo and Conditioner Review


Acure products are some I’ve seen on sites that carry more natural ingredient beauty products. I can’t pronounce all of the ingredients but most are recognizable. They have a decent sized range of skincare and hair care. I went with this set because lately I’ve been feeling my hair has been weighed down and could use some clarifying to restore some of the bounce.


Acure claims:
Gentle and clarifying for all hair types!


Wash away buildup, and treat your hair to a double dose of organic oils infused with lemongrass. Gentle enough for everyday cleansing.

So first off...I don’t like the scent. I’ve always been iffy on Lemongrass scented products and this one was no exception. I think it’s because not so long ago I had a blend with Lemongrass that I completely hated. It has a sour note to it that I hate to use in my hair. I like more fresh scented stuff. The shampoo is way more Lemongrass like than the conditioner which is more muted. 


The shampoo doesn’t lather or spread the best throughout my hair but I guess it gets my hair clean. It doesn’t feel super stripped once I rinse it out but it doesn’t feel moisturized either. I don't feel a little goes a long way so I also feel like I've been breezing through the bottle.

The conditioner doesn’t do much to make my hair any softer. In fact most of the time I feel I could skip it. I can comb through my hair a bit. It doesn’t make my coils pop nor does it make my hair any more bouncy. It just doesn’t do much of anything.

I almost forgot to talk about the packaging. The lid was completely popped off the conditioner when I got it. I ordered it from Amazon. Luckily none of it leaked out. But other than that I like the little square bottles. They feel really soft and velvety too. Of course, don't forget to recycle when they are empty! 

Ingredients
Conditioner: WATER/EAU, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, EUTERPE OLERACEA (ACAI) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, RUBUS FRUTICOSUS (BLACKBERRY) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, ROSA CANINA (ROSEHIPS) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, PUNICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS (CALENDULA) FLOWER EXTRACT*, MATRICARIA RECUTITA (CHAMOMILE) FLOWER EXTRACT*, ASPALATHUS LINEARIS (ROOIBOS) LEAF EXTRACT*, SODIUM LAUROYL METHYL ISETHIONATE, BETAINE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, GLYCERIN, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYL TRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL*, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES (SEA BUCKTHORN) SEED OIL, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, CURCUBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED OIL*, PERSEA AMERICANA (AVOCADO) FRUIT OIL, CYMBOPOGON SCHOENANTHUS (LEMONGRASS) OIL, LAVENDULA DENTATA (LAVENDER) OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL, UBIQUINONE (COQ10), ARGANIA SPINOSA CALLUS (ARGAN) CULTURE EXTRACT. *ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Shampoo: WATER/EAU, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, EUTERPE OLERACEA (ACAI) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, RUBUS FRUTICOSUS (BLACKBERRY) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, ROSA CANINA (ROSEHIPS) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, PUNICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE) FRUIT JUICE EXTRACT*, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS (CALENDULA) FLOWER EXTRACT*, MATRICARIA RECUTITA (CHAMOMILE) FLOWER EXTRACT*, ASPALATHUS LINEARIS (ROOIBOS) LEAF EXTRACT*, SODIUM LAUROYL METHYL ISETHIONATE, BETAINE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, GLYCERIN, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYL TRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL*, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES (SEA BUCKTHORN) SEED OIL, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, CURCUBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED OIL*, PERSEA AMERICANA (AVOCADO) FRUIT OIL, CYMBOPOGON SCHOENANTHUS (LEMONGRASS) OIL, LAVENDULA DENTATA (LAVENDER) OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL, UBIQUINONE (COQ10), ARGANIA SPINOSA CALLUS (ARGAN) CULTURE EXTRACT. *ORGANIC INGREDIENT


I had high hopes for the duo but it just wasn’t right for my hair. I’m not discouraged from trying more of the brand though it might be awhile since I did just order a couple of shampoo bars!


Have you tried  anything  from Acure? Would you reccomend it? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment