Monday, January 11, 2021

A Week With Marley Spoon

 I did it! I finally tried out a cooking box...and it was pretty fun. I tried cooking techniques I hadn't tried before..and techniques I would try again. Along with a few new herbs and veggies.

My delivery arrived on Monday, as expected. Right to the door. I think it came at around 12.00. It had everything I needed- minus the things they tell you ahead of time you need-salt, oil, flour, egg etc.

I chose three meals, 6 servings for the intro price of 22 Euro. The hardest part was choosing. They have a lot of options, included vegetarian options.

The first one I cooked that day...it was the Chicken Schnitzel with Cranberry dipping sauce, roasted potatoes, and veggies. I thought everything was good..except the cranberry dipping sauce which was just dried cranberries mixed in ketchup. It was easy to cook.and gave me a new idea for cooking fresh veggies. I usually make frozen broccoli because I'm lazy but I really should make fresh more often. I think it took forty minutes in all. But the time flies by.


Next up was a Vietnamese dish. Which was cool as I've never made anything Vietnamese in life. It was Chicken in Tamarind Sauce with Veggies (red pepper, carrot, pepper, lemongrass) and Glass Noodles. I think it was my favorite of the three because I love glass noodles.

 
The last dish was Pasta in Orange Sauce with Fennel. I've never used fennel so it was cool to add a new veggie to the mix. It was very different...but it grew on me. It made three servings. I ate the rest of it for lunch today..and I think I like it.. Especially with the fresh basil. Definitely a new pasta technique for me. Their plating was better...I'm not good at plating pasta.



Overall it was a fun week..and I can't wait to get started with next weeks box. After that the price jumps so I will probably cancel and get Hello Fresh sometime in the next few weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment