Monday, January 11, 2021

Lush Ghost in the Dark Soap Review


 This might be the cutest little Halloween soap. A little ghost shaped soap that glows in the dark. And it truly does glow in the dark. Although I'm not sure how practical that is. And I'm not sure there are people out there that shower in the dark...I know I don't. But it might be fun, if a little big dangerous.

Lush claims:

This skin-friendly ghost keeps your corporeal form in fine physical condition.

Citrus-sweet lemongrass lifts spirits, while fair trade organic cocoa butter moisturizes skin, making it eerily supple and smooth. No need to worry about losing this bar in the ether: it glows in the dark! Scare away dirt, oil and dryness with one multi-tasking bar.

Your friendly little ghost soap smells like a fruity lemongrass out of the shower, and straight up lemongrass in the shower. It's supposed to be the same scent as the Avobath Bath bomb. Some things I love Lemongrass in, like soap others not so much. It makes for a very uplifting and refreshing shower. The scent is decently strong too. I can smell it for a little in the bathroom after showering, but it doesn't stick to my skin.

It makes nice, bubbly, thick lather that is slightly moisturizing. Which I like. I don't have to jump out and put moisturizer on my skin, I can skip a few days.

And it actually does glow in the dark.

It's hard to photo, that was the best I could do! 

I like almost everything about it. Except that fact that it melts super fast. It didn't even last me a week. 

It has a different soap base than the older Lush soaps. I'm not a fan of Propylene Glycol being the second ingredient. But I like that they use Cocoa Butter as the main oil in the soap- instead of their old go to of Coconut and Rapeseed. It does have Luminescent Zinc Oxide- which is what makes it glow. Definitely not an ingredient you want to use on your skin too much so it's probably better that it's a holiday release.

Ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Luminescent Zinc Oxide, Fragrance, Bergamot Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Baking Soda, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

Overall, I did like it. But not a fan of how fast it melts. If you can't get enough of this soap and bummed you can't get this year round, you might want to check out Zum Bar's Lemongrass soap or Plant Life's Lemongrass soap. Not as cute but both have a nice Lemongrass scent and are all natural.


No comments:

Post a Comment