Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Zum Bar Lemongrass Goat Milk Soap Review



Today was a really great day! I was smiling so hard and so long my face started hurting. Have you ever had a day like that? Anyway...yet another soap review. A lemongrass soap. I've tried many lemongrass scented beauty products. Some I've really liked, others I've hated. Lemongrass works really well in cold processed handmade soaps- I've tried Sumu Su Green Tea Rice Soap (lemongrass scented), Nubian Heritage Lemongrass and Tea Tree soap (not cold processed and not great) and Plantlifes Lemongrass soap.  I've also tried a few Lemongrass hair products such as Acures Lemongrass shampoo and conditioner-  and Carols Daughter Hair Milk- wasn't a fan of the scent of either though.  I also had a straight up Lemongrass Essential oil. It's a very popular essential oil especially when it comes to more natural products.

Zum claims:
Lemongrass strums up the twang you’ve been looking for that’ll make you wanna go full body. Jam with sessions of skin restoration and mental clarity in an herb that’s bright, tart, and eye-opening.

So Lemongrass is a scent I either really like or hate in a product. There's no in between. Luckily in this soap, I think it smells really good. Kind of lemony, still grassy. And very happy, bright,  and mood lifting. It reminded me a lot of the Plantlife soap. From what I recall they smell very similar. They are on the lighter side but strong enough.

As with all Zum soaps, cleans well, lathers nicely, and it's not drying! It could be that I've just been applying moisturizer more often than usual but I didn't notice it drying out my skin. I think the Plantlife one is more hydrating though. 

It looks super cool with it's green and yellow swirled together. 

I've read that Lemongrass soaps are really good fo acne (especially body acne) and oily skin. I did test a little on my face and like it...although it was slightly drying. 


Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with essential oils and mineral pigments. Enjoy!


I did like the soap. It's not a must have for me, I think I would probably pick the Plant Life soap over this one, the list price is cheaper and you get a little more soap for your money- but as always I did really like trying out another soap from the brand. I've almost tried them all-just a few more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment