Thursday, December 12, 2019

Oven Baked Potato Wedges



Sunday felt like I was cooking all day. I made a bag of black beans, homemade fries, homemade hamburger buns, and sweet potato burgers. 

Really my recipe of the week was just the fries from the Princess and the Frog cookbook. They actually didn't come out that great though. I think it might be because I used the wrong kind of potatoes. Also they are the most basic fries you can make and I've actually been making some version of them for a couple years now. Sometimes I'll add curry powder for a fun twist.

I probably won't save the recipe or pin it as excellent baked fries. They are just aight. 

You take four russet potatoes, toss them in 1/4 cup Olive Oil, bake 20-25 minutes (much longer-just keep an eye on them), take em out, salt and serve. 

To go with them I decided to make sweet potato burgers. Sometimes I used canned beans, but I decided to make a big batch of beans and freeze the leftovers to make chili. 

So I cooked those. 

Then made some hamburger buns. I should have made the buns bigger. Other than that they came out great and are actually quicker than you would think to make. I use this recipe from food.com.

Then I made sweet potato burgers with extra chipotle. I've actually made them before a few years ago and really love them. They are the first veggie burger I ever made and they are super good.

I found the recipe on Budget Bytes a few years ago! 


Overall it was a nice dinner though! 





No comments:

Post a Comment