Monday, December 9, 2019

MAC Kohl Power Feline Eye Pencil Review


Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss Teen USA are all black women #blackgirlsrock

I was so happy to see that in my feed today.





MAC claims:
A kohl pencil that has all the intensity and colour power of ultra-soft carbon. Specially formulated to provide deep, fully opaque coverage. Provides an intense, smoked finish with duochrome pearl. Versatile in application: Blend or smudge.  Safe for use in waterline. Safe for contact lens wearers

I finally have a favorite eye pencil. Although I really haven't tried that many....But that's beside the point. I bought this pencil a couple years ago and even though I lost the cap-the pencil is still creamy, ultra black and easy to work with.

I was most excited for the blacknessof it. A lot of black pencils just aren't black enough and look grey or blend out lighter. Not this. It is a black black. A nice vivid black, exactly the shade I wanted in my eyeliner.


Also..it's super smudge-y. You can just pencil it on and then smudge it out into a line. I've gotten some of the best lines ever using this pencil. 

In particular I found Charlotte Tilbury's feline flick extremely easy to do. 



It's easy to use in the waterline. Although it doesn't last all day and transfers when you blink to the top. But I actually like that. You can set it in place with powder shadow if you want it to last all day. Most days I don't bother!

Because it stays smudge-y it would probably be great for a grunge look.

It is a pencil...that you sharpen. To be honest, I prefer an actual pencil over plastic container liners. Also, it's probably a little better on the earth as far as recycling is concerned!

I'm so glad I tried this one out because years ago I bought the Fluidline Gel and wasn't impressed at all with that- the black shade was disappointing.  This is definitely my favorite pencil I have tried so far and would highly recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment