Friday, December 6, 2019

The Ordinary Haul

Researching skincare is my latest obsession. I've been watching a lot of skincare reviews and even have a wishlist of the different things I want to try out. I thought I would start off with The Ordinary. I've heard The Ordinary praised for quite awhile for being an affordable brand with skincare ingredients that are proven to work-although it can be a little hard to figure everything out! 

And they really are very affordable. The month of November they had 23% off. Strange Number to choose but I'll take it! 

Here's what I got....



1. 100% Virgin Chia Oil- I mostly bought oils because oils are my favorite way to moisturize my skin. I don't know much how Chia Seed oil in skincare helps but I figure it wouldn't hurt to try out. I like that all their oils are as unprocessed as possible. I'm not going to open them up until I'm ready to use them to keep the oils as fresh as possible but will definitely review once I've finished everything up.

2. 100% Virgin Cold Pressed Marula Oil - Drunk Elephant has a much raved about Marula oil. But the price is extremely high. I've never tried it, but I figured I would try out a cheaper Marula oil. One day I might splurge on the Drunk Elephant one but for now this will do.

3. 100% Cold Pressed Borage- I don't know much about Borage Seed oil but I picked it up because I'll try almost any oil at least once! 



4. 100% Organic  Cold Pressed Argan Oil- I've tried Argan Oil from a few different companies and I really liked it...It will be interesting to compare it to the other brands I've tried out. 

5. 100% Organic Virgin Sea Buckthorn Fruit Oil- This is the oil I opened up first. I hear it's really restorative and great for scars. I used it last night and it is so orange. It stains everything but my skin felt amazing when I woke up. I was scared to lay my face on the pillow and didn't really sleep too well...I'll figure it out! 

6. AHA 30%- BHA 2% Peeling Solution- I haven't used a dedicated acid on my skin...and this is probably too strong for my skin. But I couldn't resist the red color. And I really want to speed up the healing of some scars I have on my chin. I figure this product will speed cell turnover and help whatever oil I'm putting on top penetrate deeper. I haven't figure out if I will use it once a week, once or twice a month. I don't want to overdo it. I'll report back when I've gone through the whole bottle! 

They ship super fast, and the products are all packaged in cute little glass dropper bottles with boxes. So far I'm impressed and looking forward to trying everything out and seeing the results I get. 


And that's all. I probably shouldn't have ordered so many oils now that I think about it...oh well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment