Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Botanical Societies Lemongrass Essential Oil Review



One more post and then I'm done for the day. This time, an essential oil! I love my oils and don't travel without them. This one I picked up at TJ Maxx. They have a section of random oils. I don't know much about the brand and couldn't find anything online about it. I mostly picked it up because Lemongrass is one of the more unusual oils that popped up. And I was curious about it.

Botanical Societies claims:
Traditionally, lemongrass reduces pain, fights depression, inhibits microbial growth, and reduces high fever. This essential oil also strengthens nerves and soothes inflammation and nervous disturbances

I've had this bottle for a couple years now. It lasts forever. The oil itself is on the thicker side, smells like lemongrass and has a "oily" smell. It's also just a tad sour. Sometimes I really like the scent, other days I can't stand it. 

It's a strong oil. So rest assured if you put it in a diffuser,  a drop or two will scent the room pretty strongly. That means a little goes a long way. It's a very uplifting scent too. Also energizing and relaxing at the same time. My favorite way to use it was to diffuse.

But I also liked adding it to the bath too. It's said to soothe aches and pains and I would actually agree with that.

Theres also an assortment of other ways you can use it. You can use it to scent Shea Butter or in a variety of aromatherapy blends of course.

Overall, I really liked it. I would definitely buy Lemongrass oil again. Maybe not this particular brand since it doesn't turn up often and I couldn't find much online about the company. I might get a bottle from Plant Therapy or Edens Garden. 

Random:
This is my song of the day. I heard this a couple times on the radio and had no idea it was Chante Moore. Off to go blast it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment