Thursday, August 16, 2018

Nivea Creme Soft Moisturizing Body Wash Review


I haven't completely given up natural products. They just aren't as accessible as they were before to me, so I've just been using what I can find. I thought when I first started using everything I could find that I was breaking out in hives, but it turned out I was just allergic to the month of July in North Carolina. It carried over a little when I left North Carolina but I'm good now and happy I can use just about anything I can find on my skin.

Nivea claims:
NIVEA® Creme Soft Moisturizing Body Wash contains sweet almond oil and specifically formulated for normal to dry skin.

Experience the smooth sensation and pampering scent this soothing NIVEA body wash gives you and your skin. This silky cream-gel with smoothing almond essence gives you incredibly soft skin while cleansing very mildly. Its indulging intense lathering formula is enriched with tea rose blossom scent to pamper your senses. Formulated with NIVEA's Skin Sensation Technology to leave your skin smooth and moisturized, and to provide a shower experience that lasts and lingers.

Nivea, as far as I know is a German brand. I think the ones in the US are made in Mexico. I happen to have the German made one (since I'm living in Germany now).  I don't think there are many differences though. 

So I'll start with scent....It smells nice. A nice clean scent that I don't think would be offensive to anyone. And it actually sticks to my skin. 

It lathers pretty well. And gets my skin really clean without leaving any kind of film behind. Just leaves a little bit of softness behind. The first week of using it I thought my skin was noticeably softer, now after using most of the bottle I don't notice any extra softness as much. Maybe I've just gotten used to it. 

The only negative I can think is that I tend to have to use a lot to get the lather I want. I think less can work, but because it's so thin I just pour and pour until I get what I think is enough. Which means I'm flying through the bottle. It's not expensive though, so there's that.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum ,Glycerin,Glyceryl Glucoside, Sweet Almond Oil, Sodium Chloride,PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Vitamin C,PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Laureth-2, Sodium Benzoate, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Benzyl Alchohol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

The ingredients are not all natural. But I knew what I was getting into when I started using it. 

Overall, it's pretty good. It would be a good choice for normal to dry skin if you don't mind the ingredients. Although drier skin might need to follow up with some lotion.


Random: 
I've been so behind on the new palettes coming out. i decided to get caught up and the NORVINA palette kinda caught my eye. I almost wanted it until I realized most of those shades don't really seem to be dark skin friendly. They have an "ashy" look to them. But its not like I need anymore eyeshadow anyway. What did you think about it? Did you pick it up?


No comments:

Post a Comment