Monday, February 15, 2021

A Week with Hello Fresh (DE)


I actually bought this box as a birthday treat a few weeks ago but then never got a chance to post about it. I wanted to try Hello Fresh for a couple of years and was really excited when I found out you can get it in Germany. I really enjoyed trying out Marley Spoon...I kind of feel they are equally as a good as the other. Marley seems to have  slightly more options. Hello Fresh generally has less prep and are a little quicker.

I don't remember picking out the three options that came in my box. When I ordered it, I do remember seeing the options but I think I was going to really look at them and choose later. So I got what I got...I think. I can't even remember now.

The first dish was a Chicken Alfredo with Mushrooms. I actually make a pretty bomb chicken alfredo..with homemade noodles. But it's always nice to branch out and do something a little different. Especially with added mushrooms. Not sure I would add mushrooms when I make future alfredos..but the garlicky crispy bread crumbs on top were amazing. Overall it was pretty good. It was also enough for three decent portions.



The second dish was vegetarian. It was a quick tomato cheese ravioli (a little too cheesy) with nuts, fresh basil, dried tomatoes,  and a homemade cream sauce. I thought it was OK. Not something I would want again. But gave me ideas for if I buy some of the pre-made ravioli and how to jazz them up. 





The last one was my favorite. The only thing about it was the beef was mixed with pork for the burgers. I basically don't eat pork. I didn't grow up eating it and most of the time it makes me sick. But I tried it anyway. I loved the burger (not the pork mixed in, would not make burgers like that again) but the overall burger was amazing. I've never made stove top burgers and they really did come out great. It felt like I went to fancy place. It had a balsamic pear onion mixture. Blue Cheese (not good but great on the burger). And a nice brioche bun. The potatoes were supposed to be fried but I cut them smaller so they could cook faster. Overall, I'm definitely doing this again! 


I will definitely get another Hello Fresh box...in a couple months. I do still want to try Dinnerly..it's just the food never looks as appealing as Hello Fresh and Marley Spoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment