Monday, February 15, 2021

Lush Lemon Zest Soap Review

Who loves the scent of lemons? Anytime I have to cut one, I take a moment to sniff. They smell so, so good. Unfortunately a lot of lemon scented soaps, body scrubs, etc never capture the magic of a fresh lemon. A lot of it ends up smelling like Lemon cleaner or just not as zesty and bright as the real thing. I think this is one of the better lemon scented things you can get.

Lush claims:

Jumpstart your morning with a splash of juicy lemon oil and hydrating extra virgin coconut oil.

         

From what I've read, this was first a limited edition mothers day release. I'm a little surprised they brought it back as part of the permanent line since they have the Bohemian soap...which is also a lemon soap. I tried that years ago and wasn't a fan. 

The first thing I noticed was the scent. It's on the lighter side. It doesn't scent up the bathroom or linger but you can smell it when you are using it. It smells almost like lemon gummy bears but in the shower it changes to a bright lemony scent, almost close to real lemons. Not exact but close. I like the scent but wish it were stronger. 

It lathers up nicely, cleans well, and doesn't dry out my skin at all. In fact I think it's moisturizing which is surprising because usually citrus products are on the drying/clarifying side. The only thing is it leaves  a trail of highlighter yellow everywhere.  I have never seen a soap with so much color. Luckily it washes away easily but it is a little weird seeing so much yellow everywhere.

I found the best way to use the soap was dragging it on your skin as opposed to a wash cloth The lemon peel in the middle of the white part is very exfoliating and as long as you don't press too hard it feels nice on the skin while scrubbing away dead skin. You can tell they use fresh lemon peel too which I like, although it must not be fun having to zest all those lemons! 

The different textures on the soap melt at different speeds so the yellow part melts down and in the end you are left with the white creamy exfoliating part. The whole soap melts way too quickly though. I cut mine in half and feel like I can get 4 uses out of each piece ,which means it barely lasted over a week. 8 days. Not a fan of how fast it melts at all.

The ingredients are almost amazing. Except I don't like seeing propylene glycol so high in the ingredients. I do like that is has Cocoa Butter (Fair Trade), Coconut Oil, Murumuru Butter etc. . Lemon is supposed to be great for exfoliating and brightening. I can't say I noticed that in my skin..but I still like knowing the ingredients are there.

Ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Limonene, Fresh Lemon Peel, Murumuru Butter, Rosewood Oil, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Almond Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Baking Soda, Citral, Linalool,Perfume

Overall, I actually really like it...but I'm not a fan of how quickly it melts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment