Monday, January 10, 2022

Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: Roast Chicken Legs and More Vanilla Icecream

 


This recipe was really for Roast Pork. There seems to be a lot of pork recipes in the book, since I don't really eat pork I figured I would use chicken. I used  Rosemary, Thyme, and black pepper. Normally this seems like it would work...but this time. Nope. It might be because my rosemary was old and basically flavorless. Or it might have been the actual chicken. I usually run to Lidl for chicken and I did, but they were out of thighs so I bought legs. They weren't that good. 

So this basic, simple recipe was a fail. Better luck next time I guess.


And then I made more ice cream. This time with the Mexican Vanilla extract. I've heard Mexican vanilla beans have a richer, more spiced flavor but in this ice cream it was mostly a clean vanilla flavor. Pretty light on the vanilla taste actually. I definitely like it over the Tahitian Vanilla, but not sure I like it more than the vanilla paste ice cream I made before.


Next up, I will make another chocolate ice cream recipe before I move on to other flavors. I used a cheaper heavy cream in this batch and I feel like you can taste a bit of a difference. Will stick with the better quality heavy creams from now on. It was still good though.


No comments:

Post a Comment