Monday, January 10, 2022

Lush Yog Nog Shower Gel Review


More of everyones favorite Christmas scent. Yog Nog. This shower gel has made a return yearly since it came out. I heard a lot about the Yog Nog scent and was able to try it in the Michelle Ma Bell soap not long ago. I loved that soap, it smelled like caramel spice cake heaven with lots of sticky caramel. So I was really excited for the shower gel. Unfortunately the shower gels never live up to the scents in the bar soaps, at least not for me. I even tried the Yog Nog body milk...wasn't a real big fan of that either. 

Lush claims:

Cosy caramel lathers

Go for gold with this returning caramel-scented Christmas shower classic that will leave you feeling naughty and nice! Moisturising lathers will comfort and protect your skin, leaving you ready to shine. 

I don't know if I got an off bottle but this didn't do it for me. The soap bar smelled amazing. Like a real caramel spiced layer cake. It made me hungry every single time I used it. This...I guess it has a caramel scent, you can pick it up for the first few seconds and then the main scent becomes the spice scent, which is off to me. I really, really dislike the scent of the spices in this. It smells yucky. And I usually like the scent of clove which is the main spice in this, although I wouldn't say it smells much like clove..

The gel itself is very pretty. All golden and shimmery. But the lather is lacking. It's just alright. I think it's because it doesn't have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It also doesn't really clean that well. 

As always the ingredients are fun, the main stars are the maple syrup (Maypole soap had Maple Syrup too) and clove. It also has Ylang Ylang- another of my favorite oils, almond oil, and jojoba which are softening and conditioning on the skin. I have no complaints about it being drying, it left my skin in a nice condition. 

Ingredients:

Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Water, Maple Syrup, Water, Clove Bud Extract,  Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Sea Salt, Clove Bud Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Xanthum Gum, Titanium Dioxide, Biogradeable Glitter, Tin Oxide, Eugenol, Linalool, Color

Overall, I wish they would bring the Michelle Ma Bell soap back. It was amazing and this was not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment