Thursday, September 17, 2020

Lush Michelle Ma Belle Soap Review

Of course I would write the review for this one now that it's discontinued. Lush does bring some stuff back and repeat scents..so I figured why not do the review. I was sold when I was shopping the Lush site and came across the scent description "caramel". There aren't a lot of products that get caramel right. I can only recall Escada Magnetism  getting it right. Until I met this soap.

Lush claims:

Engraved like an Aztec monolith hidden deep within the jungle, this decadently creamy gold bar reveals a new world of soap for you to explore. An iridescent layer of shimmering shower bomb is pressed into the embedded labyrinth design, like sand covering a long-lost clue. But don't blow it away like dust on an old map, instead revel in its fizz and rich, thick foam as you turn it this way and that under the warm running water, revealing the secret of its carved pathways. A treasure trove of rich aromas lies in store; spiced vanilla, butterscotch, dolcelatte. Gold clay merges with chunks of white Amazonian clay, filled with minerals and nutrients of the rainforest’s fallen fruits and leaves, together they cleanse and gently exfoliate, leaving the skin soft and revived. Digging a little deeper, other marvels emerge; castor oil, cocoa butter and coconut oil for a creamy lather that is sure to leave your hands, and everywhere else, with the Midas touch.

Price: 7 Pounds 

When I first got this one, I didn't think it was anything special. It kind of smelled like butterscotch pudding. But eh. 

In the shower it turns into spice cake with layers upon layers of caramel and caramel icing. It smells so realistic that I was legit confused and wondering who baked a cake in my shower. The smell is truly amazing. It's strong...but not strong enough to really scent the whole bathroom. Which I don't mind. 


Unfortunately it always leads to me craving a carrot cake or something. This supposedly shares the same scent with Christmas favorite Yog Nog. Which at first I didn't get how it could be Christmas-y until I used it in the shower.



The look of the soap is super cool. It has a layer of their shower bomb, which makes the lather extra rich, thick and foamy. It's a nice shower experience, especially if sweet scents are your thing. I think this may be the best bakery scent I have ever smelled in my life. 

It cleans OK. It rinses easily. And it's slightly drying and melts quickly. Like all Lush soaps. I've come to accept it though, it's just the nature of their soaps. 

The rinse off is a golden yellow. I don't find it produces a ton of soap scum like some of the other soap. Must be the baking soda.

Lush products are  half great ingredients...and then a few ingredients get the side eye. They have better ingredients than most though. I don't think this soap uses their typical Rapeseed Oil base..so I do appreciate that. 

Ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Gold Clay, White Clay, Sodium Hydroxide, Baking Soda, Perfume, Clove Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Gardenia Extract, Vitamin C, Cream of Tarter, Potato Starch, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Alginate, Synthetic Fluophlogopite, Calcium Lactate Gluconite, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Silica, Tin Oxide, Eugenol, Linalool, Colour

It is pretty pricey...but I'm going to say it was worth trying. I really enjoyed using it this past week. You can't do any better for a spicy bakery scent. It's one I would repurchase and recommend....but only if you like sweet bakery scents. 




No comments:

Post a Comment