Sunday, August 30, 2020

Lush Maypole Soap Review



Peppermint and Maple is one of my favorite combinations since I made a tea with it. It is just so refreshing with a sweet edge. Which is why this soap appealed to me. Because it was definitely not the way it looks. I think it might be one of the ugliest soaps. I'm pretty sure it was inspired by hand made candies. I wish I could find that video. It works on candy, not so much for soap. 



Lush claims:
If this soap had feathers and smelled like painted canvas, then we’d suggest you only use it to wash your favourite ice cream. Sometimes things don’t need to make sense; like this addictive peppermint soap, threaded with our own soap noodles to create a stick of whimsy. Support Keep It In The Ground with this MPG free soap base created from glycerine and sorbitol whilst you dance around the Maypole and enter a surreal world of nutty mintitude.


When I first got it, I thought it smelled terrible. It smelled very plastic like but as it settled it smelled like the best combination of sweet and mint (not a lot of mint). Mostly sweet and definitely smells like Maple Syrup. It smells great until you use it. Then it's underwhelming, a little boring, and doesn't smell up the bathroom like other Lush soaps.


It does lather nicely. Which maybe the maple syrup (even though I know there probably isn't a lot in it).  Sugar is supposed to help with lather. It is definitely an unusual ingredient and probably not many bath and body products use it. I'm a big fan of it on pancakes and waffles. Mmmm. 

The lather is nice and not too drying. 

Cleans decently, rinses easily. And sometimes sticks to me so I'll pick up the scent a little bit after the shower.

And like all Lush soaps, melts quickly especially in a washcloth. Lasts longer just dragging the soap across your skin then scrubbing up.


Ingredients:
Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Perfume, Canadian Maple Syrup, Salt, Titanium Dioxide, Gardenia Extract,  Peppermint Oil, Sodium Stearate, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Colour 


I would pick it up and smell it if I saw it in the store...but I wouldn't take it home again or recommend it unless a maple syrup scent appeals to you and you don't like strong scents.


No comments:

Post a Comment