Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Lush Yog Nog Body Milk Review

 I wasn't lucky enough to try out the super popular and still discontinued Yog Nog soap. I did try out the Michelle Ma Belle Soap. Which was definitely a favorite. So when I saw the Body Milk in the same cart in the half off sale at the end of the year, it was a must get. Or so I thought...

Lush claims:

Enjoy this year's extremely popular Yog Nog fragrance in the form of a fast-absorbing, light yet intensively nourishing body milk.

The delicious aroma of cloves, ylang ylang and gardenias is beguiling and makes you think of all the things that make Christmas really tasty. Thanks to sodium alginates and almond milk, Yog Nog intensively moisturizes and ensures supple skin. The body milk is quickly absorbing and productive at the same time.

Effects of the ingredients:
- We mix water with sodium alginates derived from algae, creating a light gel that hydrates, soothes and moisturizes the skin.
- C13-15 alkanes, also known as hemi-squalane, is a light oil that absorbs quickly into the skin. It intensively moisturizes, strengthens and makes the skin more elastic.

The cozy scent of Yog Nog comes from clove oil and soothing Ylang Ylang oil. Perfect for the Christmas season.

So I'll start off with the texture. As far as I know, "body milk" is new to Lush. It's a very liquidy/runny moisturizer. Not what I was expecting. But even though it's very thin and absorbs extremely quickly...it really moisturizes your skin and the moisture lasts I think it does an even better job than the Once Upon a Time lotion which is a thicker texture. The only downside is I tend to use a lot. I could probably use less to get the job done, but I just get carried away squeezing it out and end up with a ton.


Also...the scent is really strong, fills the room and basically lasts until you are ready to wash it off. 

But the scent is kinda weird. 

It smells like Yog Nog (caramel spice cake). But it also smells a little strange. I can't really put my finger on it to describe it, but there's something about it I don't like. Once it settles in a few hours later, I tend to really like the scent. It smells edible and like a caramel/coffee cake. I can definitely see how that would be off-putting if you don't like sweet scents though. 

I also really like the way it scents my room and the scent really seems to linger when I use it. 

I almost forgot to mention, it also does smell like alcohol. I can't recall any other moisturizer I have ever used that smells like alcohol. But it's an ingredients..so there's that. 

Speaking of ingredients...I don't think it's up to the normal standard of Lush ingredients. I don't really like that propylene glycol and alchohol are so far up in the ingredients:

Ingredients:

Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Propylene Glycol, DRF Alcohol, C13-15 Alkanes, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Perfume, Clove Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Sodium Alginate, Gardenia Extract, Benzyl Benzoates, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Linalool, Colour

I'm glad I tried it, and I would definitely try other iterations of the Yog Nog scent but I wouldn't buy this again. The scent was good sometimes..but the initial application of the scent was not for me. And for a product that is $20 for around 250 ml...not worth the full price for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment