Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Sugarpill Fun Size Palette (Swatches on Dark Skin)

Is here?!?!? 


I stress/panick ordered this palette. I've wanted to try Sugarpill shadows for a few years now but never went through with it because the pan size is HUGE. I didn't want to commit to such huge pans of shadow. Although I really want to try their yellow eyeshadow Butter Cupcake. Back in the day I went a little crazy buying yellow shadow. I had the old school Make Up Forever Yellow in N2 (sucked), NYX Mellow Yellow (not the shade I was looking for and not really good quality), MAC Chrome Yellow (better but still not perfect), and MAC Bright Sunshine (bright metallic yellow that wasn't really what I was looking for). I want a deep yet bright yellow. 

But I forgot I wanted it when I ordered and only bought this palette. Whoops! 

But I did really want this fun size palette because of how cute and tiny it is, plus I don't really have these colors. At all. Well...maybe MAC Cobalt is similar to the 8 bit shade, and the red might be similar to a color in the electric palette. I need to look. But for the most part they are all new colors to me. 

I've only used it twice. But I like them. They do need to be layered, which I don't mint. When you get them on, they are vibrant. Not dull whatsoever! The only shade that doesn't build up perfectly is Continue? It blends away a little bit. I may need to use a better primer though....

Anywho..here's some swatches. I will probably do a real review one of these days. But in the meantime....


Cheat Code, 8 Bit, Player One


Twitch, Level Up, Rage Quit


Continue?, High Score, Game Over

I love Continue? It looks like a yellow when swatched but it has quite a bit of green to it on my eye making it go on kinda grundge-y. It takes a little to build up but once I've got it on, I'm in love. I no longer need Melt's Gemini palette. I'm good! 

They don't swatch very easy...definitely needed to layer them but they do build up easier on the eyes. I really wish I would have bought that yellow....







No comments:

Post a Comment