Friday, September 3, 2021

Lux Good Day Sunshine with Fruit Oils and Moisturizer Review


I'm branching out and trying a new brand. Today's brand...Lux. Lux has been around since 1925 so of course...I wanted to try it. I love trying out old brands that are still around today. On their website it claims to be made like some of the "costliest" French soaps. Emm. Probably not. It also claims to be a favorite of old Hollywood stars like Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, and Audrey Hepburn. It's widely available in Germany...can't remember if I've seen it in the US though it was once widely available there.

Lux claims:

The LUX Beauty Moments feast soap Good Day Sunshine pampers body and senses with a fruity scent of orange and nourishing oils

I bought two different bars...but I can't remember the name of the other one right now and I'm way too lazy to get up and see right now. I thought I would start with the Good Day Sunshine. I really like the scent of it...although it's not what I expected. I thought it would be bright, zesty but this isn't at all. I don't know how to describe the scent but I really like it. It's just a nice soapy, powdery scent. Not reminiscent of oranges at all. At least not to me. 

Next let's talk lather. A little goes a long way. It gets bubbly with barely any soap at all. Which is nice. It also cleans really well. 

The only thing I don't like is how drying it is. It's not excessively drying but noticeably drying. I only tried it out for a couple of days and noticed my skin was just drying out more and more. Nothing lotion can't really fix...but sometimes I like to skip it and that's not really an option.

The ingredients aren't my favorite...but then again the soap bar was only 50 cents. It It does have Orange Peel Oil....but I don't see the claimed "moisturizer". 

Ingredients:

Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Perfume, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Palm Kernel Acid, Sodium chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, CI 11680, CI 12490, CI 7789

Overall, glad I tried it. But not something I would buy again. I did really like the scent though.


Found this compilation of ads, I love watching old commercials...

No comments:

Post a Comment