Sunday, August 29, 2021

Matte Eyeshadows with Glitter

 

via GIPHY


I've been really downsizing my collection over the past couple of weeks. I've just been getting rid of shadows that I hate or that won't work on me or the quality sucks. So I pulled out an old palette I never use..mostly because I wasn't drawn to the colors. And that's when I realized how pretty any shade looks with glitter- in the pan.

What's the point of a matte with a glitter? The glitter just gets all over your face for no reason. I don't mind a shimmer with glitter. I just really can't wrap my head around the purpose of these...and then going through my collection...IDK why I have some many. So I picked up my mini Smashbox On the Rocks...decided I hated most of the shades so I chucked them out to use with other things (making colored bubble baths). Matte shadow should be MATTE. I'm not sure if these shadows are still a thing but I'm definitely not bringing anymore into my collection.

I found this comment on Reddit that cracked me up! 

The result of all this experimenting was I de-constructed the Smashbox palette and only have three of the best shades left. I am actually going to eventually give them to my sister. She wants to play in make-up more and these colors will suit her way more than they do me. I am giving her my MAC Goldmine and one of the Viseart shades I bought in my last haul. I put Goldmine on her once and it looks amazing! I can't rock yellow golds like that unless I'm layering it over something else. 

I still have quite a few more in my collection...but it's just a start. So far I'm down 54 shadows and am hoping to get rid of/repurposes around 60.


What are your most hated shadow textures? What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment