Monday, April 25, 2022

Lush Dream Cream Hand and Body Lotion Review

I saved three honey bees in the last few weeks. For some reason they keep coming into the house and then hanging out by the windows. So I saved the first one, just scooted him into a jar and covered it with the box then set the jar outside to let him leave when he wanted. I forgot they can sting you, I didn't think of it until the 2nd one I saved, when I let him outside I made sure to tell him to tell all his little friends to never sting me. And then last week a third one came in. I am literally saving the honey bees. I hope that was the last of them though...

Anyway...Lush Dream Cream. I finally got my hands on it after wanting to try it for years. So here goes the review...

Lush claims:

Oat and lavender cult classic

Sweep all over the body to bedew your skin with fields of soothing lavender and Turkish rose to lull your skin back to tranquility. Feel serene and petal-soft from top to toe.

Dream Cream is also now available in self-preserving form, which means it keeps itself clean without any help from synthetic preservatives. The new version feels a little creamier on application, but the benefits remain the same.

This really is a dream cream. A miracle cream. It has so many thing that are great for your skin- Chamomile, Cocoa Butter, Rosewater, Lavender and even more than that! 



The first thing I noticed was the scent. It smells natural and like everything that's in it. It's a strange scent...but I don't mind it. I pick up the Cocoa Butter the most.

The next thing I noticed was how light weight it was. I was expecting a heavy, thick, hard to absorb cream. But nope, it's lightweight and absorbs pretty easily. It makes a nice body moisturizer that I think is healing on the skin but doesn't last quite as long as I expected- or maybe it's just not as thick and heavy as I was expecting. I really like it as a body cream...but due to the price, I don't think I would buy it all the time to use on my body.

I do think I will keep at least a smaller one around. It has some serious soothing and healing powers. I've put it on skin irritations here and there and it heals them in a flash. It's amazing on dry hands. It works better than their dedicated hand cream! I have read many reviews that recommend it for eczema, so I would definitely recommend trying it for that or any other skin condition. Psoriasis, burns, etc. 

My first recommendation for skin conditions is Shea Butter- but sometimes Shea Butter is hard to work with, or sometimes people don't like the scent- in that case this is something I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Although Shea Butter will always stay on deck for me. I use it everyday! 

Check out that ingredient list! Have you ever seen a better ingredient list in a body lotion? I haven't! 

Ingredients:

Oat Milk, Rosewater, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Tincture of Benzoin, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Cetearyl Alchohol, Benzyl Alcohol,Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Overall, not an everyday lotion for me, but a favorite and one I will be buying again and keeping on hand always. Even if it's the smaller size. I think I will try to self preserving one too! 

Bonus- The pot is part of the in house recycling- collect 5 and you can return for a free face mask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment