Saturday, April 23, 2022

Qorma- E- Bahi (Quince) Stew and Yellow Loaf Cake

 Quick food post today...I have a few things I need to do before I go to bed.

I made Quince stew- I actually found lamb which is surprising but then again it was just Easter and it's much easier to find before and after Easter.  I actually bought two and will just freeze the next little pack of lamb until I need it.

Of course I couldn't find Quinces- so I subbed pears and lemon peel. I think I pretty much followed everything else but made a much smaller serving. A 2lb leg of lambs would be crazy expensive. It wasn't bad. I had it with broccoli (of course) pinto beans, and rice. I mixed it all together...wasn't bad at all. Probably wouldn't make it again but I wasn't mad at it. You can find the recipe here.


Then I made yellow cake. I don' think this is a true yellow cake...yellow cake usually has more egg yolks. But it's supposed to hold up to a trifle. Which I decided not to make. I'm just deconstructing the trifle and making everything separate. It did make a nice vanilla cake though. Nice texture- helped by the fact that i sifted the flour twice. I might have added extra vanilla too! 


Topped with whipped cream and strawberries. Yum!

I got the recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. I'm going to make the custard in a few weeks, maybe layer it with cookies and bananas to make a banana pudding.

And that's all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment