Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Lush Goddess Soap Review

The Goddess makes a return, this time in soap form. I've reviewed the bath bomb already. I've had this soap a little while and just now decided to dig it up. I had to really fight the urge to save it forever since it's one of the more pricey soaps. But better to use it while it's still fresh. Although I'm sure it's not. Soaps are supposed to get better as they age, they cure and become longer lasting, but some start to lose scent though. 

I've had this awhile but I don't think it has degraded any.

Lush claims:

Dark, hot-blooded cleansing with Oud.

Dark, mysterious eagle wood tree oil is particularly valuable. It represents the precious heart of this meditative soap. Fragrant osmanthus and seductive sandalwood collide into an earthing tonic for your mind, redness-relieving infusion of white tea flows over your body and gently cleanses it.

With each cleaning, a nourishing layer of fair trade cocoa butter and coconut oil unfolds, which moisturize. Jasmine Absolute remains temptingly fragrant on your skin.

The bath bomb smells better. I think the perfume is probably the truest form of this scent- although I've never smelled it. It has the extra expensive oud oil. I've never smelled oud straight up, and don't think I've used many products that featured oud.

It also has Rose, Osmanthus, Jasmine, Sandalwood, all the nice and pricey oils,

With that said, it doesn't have a memorable scent. I can't remember it and I used it this morning. It's very light and I really only smell anything when I go to rinse. Rinse, lather, repeat, and forget. It smells kinda nice when I'm rinsing but not enough to justify the cost. 

The lather is great! It's a glycerin soap that leaves my skin moisturized/not dry.

It's got quite a bit of fancy ingredients. Usually glycerin soaps are rough on my skin.

But it comes at a cost. It melts fast. I could see the decrease after one use. I don't even think you get a full week of showers out of it. Not cost effective. 

It's the boring format of Lush when they shaped all their soaps to be the same with Lush stamped on the side. I don't like this design. The other one wasn't very exciting to look at but it looked better than this. I like the deep purple color though.

It's chock full of goodies. It has the most exotic oils of anything I've seen Lush produce. Seems like it would all make something amazing but....

Ingredients

Water and infusion of White tea, propylene glycol, Glycerin, fair trade cocoa butter, extra virgin olive oil, water, castor seed oil, sodium hydroxide, parfum, jasmine absolute, osmanthus absolute, rose oil, sandalwood oil, agarwood oil (oud), titanium dioxide, citric acid, baking soda, calcium sodium borosilicate, synthetic glitter, silica, tin oxide, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool, colour 

It's underwhelming and forgettable, but with the name, deep purple color and all the oils I was expecting a a lot. It just doesn't deliver for the price. I think the oils would be better served in something longer lasting, maybe if the soap was triple-milled? As is, I won't be buying it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment