Sunday, April 17, 2022

Samples Review: Senna Cosmetics Soothing Primer, Senna Cosmetic Makeup Remover, MAC Prep+Prime Natural Radiance Base Primer

 Quick little post on some samples I've used up recently.. I don't have anywhere near the amount of samples I used to have. Maybe I'm just ordering less? Probably not. 


Senna Soothing Toner- I'm not big into toners. I know they are great for professional skin/makeup prep and returning your skins PH balance. But they mostly do a lot of nothing for me. So I tend to save my money. I will buy a hydrosol though. They are all natural and have multiple uses. This was nice, but not nice enough that I would spend the $32 on it. It has a light menthol scent. It was hydrating. No drying alcohols. I think it's one of the better toners with better ingredients than most you come across. It has Royal Jelly, Olive Extract, Chamomile, Grape Fruit Cell Extract, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin A and E, Pomegranate Extract, Fennell Extract, and Oat Root Extract. It it had a lower price I might be more likely to buy it.

Senna Makeup Remover- This remover is $30. I have never paid that much for a remover, but if I was going to, I would never get this. It doesn't work. It's less effective than just using water. It just smudged and smeared but did not remove and it took a while to get it to the smudge stage. Terrible. It boasts being oil free...but it's 2022, we aren't scared of putting oil on our skin anymore. I wouldn't even pay $2 for it.

MAC Prep+Prime Natural Radiance Base in Radiant Yellow

All my primers have been sitting unused. I've had this sample for a little while now. I've used it a few times now as well. It's a nice little sample for sure. I think it does do what it says...but that price tag. MAC used to be more affordable. Per MAC it's a "A silky gel primer for all skin types that is designed to hydrate and refine skin, while adding a luminous glow." I agree. It definitely adds a radiance to my skin that's apparent under makeup. Mostly it looks radiant with a little oil breakthrough...but not as bad as I thought it would be on my oily skin. I probably wouldn't purchase it though unless I was experiencing dull skin or had a foundation that really could use a boost of radiance. For now, I just don't need it. It does seem to smooth pores a little bit which is nice. Skin looks smoother and makeup does go on smooth as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment