Thursday, April 14, 2022

Urban Decay Vice 2: A Look Back


This palette was a gift from my sister and started my Vice Palette obsession...I missed out on the first one and the very last one. Of all the ones I have, this one is the best quality. There weren't too many duds as far as quality and they all work the same as the day I received it. 





 Smokeout (dark taupe black satin)- I love this shadow. It's a reddish based black that goes so well with bronze-y/brown shadows. It used to be sold as a single but they discontinued it. I need to remember to use it more often.

Lovesick (black matte with iridescent micro-glitter) - A little repetitive. It's not needed since you have Smokeout and Smokeout is the better choice. This is a matte black with silver sparkles. The sparkles don't really show up on the eye and I do tend to like my black matte shades without the glitter since it serves no purpose. Might dump it out later since I have a lot of matte blacks that are better.

Shellshock (bright metallic silver) - This has got to be the brightest most pigmented silver. So pigmented and "creamy" that you really have to be careful when applying it because it will transfer to your upper lids. And I don't even have hooded lids. I love this as a inner corner highlight shade since it's so metallic. Most with blue looks. It's just perfect for that. 

Coax (medium metallic pink with golden iridescent micro sparkle) - It looks like a pink but really has some purple/lavender tones to it. It's unique in my collection. Love it for a pink/purple look. Also can be fun mixed a bright turquoise color for a fun look.

X-Rated (baby pink satin) - This is a barely there pink, but enough pink that it works for me when I need that type of pink. I do wish it had just a touch more pink but I plan on keeping it because I do like it. And it's not really a common color that would be easy to dupe.


Prank (Deep Navy Matte with turquoise floating pearl) - This a deep navy color with the prettiest light blue glitter in it. It shows up and looks pretty in a swatch but not on the eye and especially not with a brush. I like that the shadow is easy to handle and blend...but it looks like a grayish/black blue. Not vibrant blue pigmentation so I will probably end up digging the shade out later. I've never been impressed with it since I've had the palette.

Madness-(bright metallic blue shimmer with blue micro glitter)  Such a gorgeous shimmery blue shade! I love this color, it's one of my favorite blues. A good mid-tone blue is hard to find so I'm glad to have it in my collection. 

Strike- (Antique golden shimmer) An old yellow gold. Its pretty as an inner corner. Mine tend to go hard pan. I will keep it since I like it as an inner corner color with the greens and browns in the palette. 

Stash-(Deep olive green shimmer)  I love Stash. A really pretty and wearable green shade with a multi color shimmer through it. Great quality too! 

Poison- (Charcoal satin) Yet another deep, dark shade. I forgot this one was here.It's more a deep brown black hint of green shimmer. I like pairing it with Derailed and Rewind. I might need to give it a try with Ambush as well.


Radar- My favorite color in the whole palette. It's my go to, go out shade. It has a glittery finish that looks nice on my face, I have been "saving" this shade but I'm going to use it more often. Hopefully I can find a dupe once I do use it up.

Damaged- A darkened emerald green. Not very sparkly but looks like it should be. This is better than the green that was in the Vice LTD palette in that at least it showed up green but it's not a very flattering color on me. I am considering dumping it eventually since I've never liked it that much. It even clashes with the other green in the palette which is Stash. 

Voodoo- I don't really like Voodoo much. It's a blackened purple, a bit too blackened for me and tons of glitter fallout. I'm not ready to toss it yet but maybe the next time I pair down some shadows. I'm going to try it with a few more purple looks first even though I'm certain it will end up coloring some bath water.

Betrayal- I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd duo chrome addition made to my collection. It's a purple with a blue shift. So pretty! And unique. I used to save it but I need to use it more. I just need to find the perfect purple (or blue) to pair it with since I don't like it with the deep purple already in the palette. 

Derailed- At one point this was a my favorite cool, taupe, brown shade. I still do really like it even though cool taupes aren't always my favorite. It goes well with both poison and Rewind. 

Dope- I don't think I am going to keep this shade. It's a slightly pink toned shade with a satin finish...but mostly looks like that ashy white I complain often about. It's doesn't have enough sparkle to make a nice inner corner highlight and is a little too ashy to make a nice brow highlight. It really reminds me of the shade Virgin in the OG Naked palette.

Toxic- In my head this is a dupe for MAC's Expensive Pink but I've never actually seen that shade in person. I like this as an everyday wearable shade. It's a slightly peachy pink that doesn't stand out too, too much. 

Habit- A boring nude shade, has a little more beige to it than other shades so it's not as ashy. Makes an OK highlight color so I won't dig this one out.

Ambush- Just your basic everyday brown/bronze. It can look a bit boring compared to some other brown shades in my collection, mostly because it's not the most flattering on my skin tone. I might try mixing it with a gold to use it more.

 Rewind- I really like Rewind. It reminds me of Buck for the Naked Palette but it's cooler in tone. It creates a nice "shadow" in the crease that helps with blending and goes so well with so many of the colors in the palette. It's an eyeshadow that goes on very natural looking. All these years later and I still like it as much as I did when I first used it. 

There are a few dud shades (and repeat shades) ..but overall the shades are much better quality than some of the other vice palettes.  They are pigmented and smooth right on without the need to build them up. Some of them have a little glitter fallout but I don't think it's as bad as some of the other Vice Palettes I have in my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment