Thursday, November 16, 2023

Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Libre Le Parfum Review

I bought the wrong perfume on accident. Every once in awhile when I need a new fragrance, I find out what the best selling one is on Sephora and then buy it. It keeps my trying new things. I meant to buy the flagship version of this perfume....but didn't look at the label like I should have and just grabbed whatever said Libre. 

YSL claims:

Libre Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent is a Amber Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Libre Le Parfum was launched in 2022. Libre Le Parfum was created by Anne Flipo and Carlos Benaim. Top notes are Ginger, Saffron, Mandarin Orange and Bergamot; middle notes are Orange Blossom and Lavender; base notes are Bourbon Vanilla, Honey, Tonka Bean and Vetiver.

Made in France 

I bought the large bottle cause that's all they had at the store I go to. I also had a coupon and the perfume was on sale so I got it for a better price than what it's listed at. I love saving money! 

I've tried a lot of YSL scents at this point- Opium, Black Opium, Mon Paris. Of them all, I think Black Opium was my favorite and this is the second best.

We'll talk about the bottle first. I love YSL perfume bottles. They are so unique (except for Mon Paris) for the most part. This is no different. It has a different shape and looks so sophisticated and modern with the gold detailing and the black cap. I'm happy to add this one to my collection since I do love to keep the empty bottles.

Libre seems to be a popular perfume for YSL. It has a lot of spin offs. This one came out last year. It has some different notes- Ginger, Saffron, Bourbon. I don't think I've ever had those notes in any perfumes I've used previously. It makes for a unique scent. It really doesn't smell like anything I've ever had before but that's not surprising because I have felt that way about every YSL perfume I have had. 

It definitely smells more like a Fall/Winter/Cold Weather scent. It smells sweet. Not that spicy. And it also smells different to me on different days/depending on the weather. There have been days where I absolutely loved it, then felt it was just OK on other days. Some days it smelled related to the Opium scent because I thought I could detect Sandalwood. But it doesn't list Sandalwood as a note. I do think it has a similar DNA to Opium though but I didn't like Opium that much.  It does remind me of Amber scents- although I don't know what Amber actually smells like. It just has that "warmth" that Amber scents have. 

Actually I really don't know if I can pick out any of the listed notes. I'm surprised it has herbal notes such as Lavender/Orange Blossom. Otherwise I'm not sure how to describe it. It smells like a sophisticated, classy woman, out for a night on the town. It's a very warm fragrance- but doesn't smell like a gourmand. It does remind me of a gourmand though, it almost reminds me of Escape Desire Me. 

I like it. I really do. I'm not sure I would buy it again because I had quite a huge bottle and I'm getting bit tired of the scent. But there are still some days that I really, really enjoy it!

It's worth a sample...

No comments:

Post a Comment