Thursday, December 28, 2023

Nest Holiday Candle Review


We are still in the 12 days of Christmas so figured I should review my Holiday candle. Usually I review stuff too late and way out of season. I'm attempting to improve. Also I'm trying to burn this candle as much as possible before I switch to regular candle scents come January 1st. If I haven't burned through this one completely I am going to save the rest for next year. 


Nest claims:

The quintessential aroma of the season is created by blending pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves, and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla and amber.

Create the quintessential aroma of the season with this bestselling fragrance, Holiday. This exquisitely fragranced Classic Candle features the iconic scent’s blend of pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves, and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla and amber. 

Made in USA




Most of Nest's candles are highly forgettable but I notice that this has a lot of reviews and people praise this particular one for the holidays. I had a coupon and saw it on sale and figured I would pick it up to burn during the Christmas season. I first burned it on Thanksgiving...because I love a good Christmas scent for  Thanksgiving. It's just so festive. This is a candle that comes back year after year...and I am sure there are some people that buy it for the holidays time and time again.


It actually really does smell exactly like the holidays It's the Christmas season turned into scented wax. It mostly smells of pine. And then I get a hit of gingerbread cookies and some Christmas Potpourri on the stove with lots of cinnamon. So basically it smells like  you dragged in a  big beautiful green pine tree and then started baking cookies. Somehow it smells elevated and it does smell a bit more luxurious than some other options. I actually really enjoy the scent and could see myself being one of those people that purchases it every Holiday Season. I'm not even the type of person that's really into Christmas type candles. 

I bought the classic. It's the perfect size...It's supposed to burn 50-60 hours and it's decently strong. If you have a really large and open area it might only scent a part of it but in a smaller place/closed off rooms this is going to be the perfect strength. 

I really like the jar a lot more than other Nest jars I've had in the past. I think it's the gold. I've recycled quite a few but I will likely keep this one to use as a brush holder or something else. 

I don't think these are the cleanest burning. I've had them mushroom and then smoke. You really have to stay on top of the wick. I think it's paraffin/soy wax...but it doesn't say. It does seem on the softer side though.

I get why this candle is so well loved...I haven't tried very many holiday scents but this would be in the TOP 5, if not number one of all the Holidays scents I've tried so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment