Sunday, December 3, 2023

Plant Therapy Passive Lotus Diffuser Review

 I am on a mission to use up some of the essential oils that have been in my collection for too long. Along with that is using up the ones I don't like and sometimes I run out of ideas on how to use them up. So then I remember I had this passive diffuser sitting around that I really just do not use. Mostly because it doesn't work.....

Plant Therapy claims:

  • Natural beech wood base
  • Porous, unglazed plaster flower top
  • Add essential oils for a gentle, soft scent

Bring the scents of nature into your home with our Passive Lotus Diffuser. Reusable passive diffusion is a cost-effective, decorative way to bring your favorite essential oils to any room. A beautiful lotus-shaped top and natural beech wood base make this the perfect addition to your home or office.

The chic lotus flower top is porous and unglazed, allowing essential oils to absorb and gently scent the air around it without using any heat or electricity. Just apply 4-5 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend directly to the flower and enjoy. Because this diffuser is porous, it is normal for oils used to discolor the lotus flower. Keep this in mind when selecting oils to use with the diffuser and when selecting where to place the oil drops. This gives your Passive Lotus Diffuser a unique, soft coloring you layer on each time you use it.

Place the diffuser on a flat surface. Put 5-6 drops of your favorite essential oils on the lotus. Leave for a few minutes to let the essential oils absorb. 

To clean, use a cotton cloth dipped in mixed water and white vinegar, and gently rub the plaster clean.I've bought two of these...one I gave to my Mom and the one I kept for myself. I kept the first one in my room for years...used it when I first got it. Noticed it didn't work so then it just sat collecting dust. I tried again every once in awhile..but you might get scent when you are dropping the oils onto the ceramic and then that's it. I thought it would helpful to use blends that help my sleep but I don't think it's effective that way and felt like I was just wasting my blends. 

When I first got it, I think the directions for cleaning it was different...I think it just aid wipe off the dust but not it says to use Vinegar and a clean cloth. I haven't done that. I do occasionally rinse it off...and did rinse it off a few times when I first got it. And...that seems to be helping to to work. I dumped almost en entire bottle of oil on it...it diffused nothing. Then about two days late I rinsed it and as the water is evaporating, it seems to be diffusing a small amount of the scent. But that's a very wasteful thing to so with oils so I still wouldn't recommend it. It can be a helpful way for me to get rid of oils that I really hate though....

I almost forgot to mention that mine broke. I don't remember dropping anything on it, I just looked at it one day and noticed one of the petals was broken off. It might have been my faults...I may have dropped something on it and not realized. I don't know. I don't really care about it, even though I keep it around so it doesn't bother me. 

I love the Plant Therapy brand- but I don't love this....


No comments:

Post a Comment