Sunday, December 3, 2023

Salsa Chicken, Rock Cakes, Blueberry Balsamic Salmon

 Got a quick food post because I want to knock these off the list and get started on the next couple of recipes.

So here's what I've been making the past week or so...

Salsa Chicken- I didn't follow the recipe exactly because I don't use the Campbell's condensed soups. I substituted heavy cream and chicken bouillon. I also made my own salsa because I was too lazy to go back to the store and pick up a jar. It only took a few seconds on the food processor. I had it with rice, broccoli, and cheese on top. It wasn't bad. It was very creamy. I would make it again but add a few things to get the flavor up.



Rock Cakes- This recipe came from the Harry Potter Unofficial Cookbook. They are supposed to what Hagrid served to Harry and company when they would visit him. His were Rock Hard and stale. I halved the recipe and halved most of the ingredients except the milk so I just made them into cupcakes/muffins. They were pretty good...nothing mind blowing. But decent. 






Last up Blueberry Balsamic Salmon. The glaze was really good..but the method for cooking it wasn't that great. I put it on a bed of salad/kale. Ehhh. I'll have to try it again and put my own spin on it.



And that's all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment