Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Seraphine x Sheila Bridges St. Nicholas Park Candle Review



 I've been burning through my Sheila Bridges collection and now it's time to start reviewing them before they are gone. I think this is probably going to be the first one I use because it's basically a spice scent and works well in the cold. 

Seraphine xSheila Bridges claims:

Warm and Fruity 

THE VIBE
Breaking bread with friends
SMELLS LIKE
Orange Peel, Cardamom, Cognac & Black Pepper
Aromatic Bitters, Orange Peel Twist, Cardamom, Cognac, Black Pepper, Patchouli, Maple Bitters
• Volume — Medium: 6.4 oz 
• Burn Time — Medium: 45 hours 
• Reusable ceramic container
• Gift-boxed
• 100% organic cotton wicks
• Sustainably Sourced Ingredients
Made in Vietnam



I hauled these candles a little while back- I bought three of the four. I mainly wanted them for the ceramic vessel. They are very thought provoking art. so I will definitely keeping them and clean them out to display once they are empty. That's the main reason I bought them. And also because I wanted to try out a new brand. 



This candle has some very unique and interesting notes...but I really only get the Cardamom. I get none of the other notes. And the cardamom smells exactly like you are holding Cardamom under your nose. I love the Cardamom but I was expecting to smell other notes. I think they might be there, it's just that they are so subtle and blended in that I can't pick them out. I would disagree that this candle is a "warm and fruity" type scent. I would call it a spice candle. I feel like I am seeing more Cardamom scents and that makes me happy because it's a really good scent. Usually I have seen it in more masculine scents and I appreciate that this is not cologne like at all. 

It's a smaller candle and it's not a power house but it does fill a large room. It never get's overpowering and doesn't smell cheap. Of the three I bought from the brand- this is definitely the strongest- but still not too strong. I wouldn't try to use it in a very large, open concept. 

I like lighting this one while I work...some candles I designate as day candles, evening candles, book candles, bath candles. This would also be a good nighttime candle. 

I think this is my first palm wax candle. It is a blend so I'm not sure what other waxes they use but I can say that this wax seems to last a very long time. I feel like I have let this candle burn and burn and I still have a good amount left. Also it candle burns clean. No soot whatsoever. I do trim the wick but the wick has never gotten out of control or mushroomed or caused me any issues whatsoever. It reminds me of the Voluspa candle formula....it's basically perfect. I have had to foil it though- just for a few minutes to make sure the candle burned to the edges. Generally it's because the room is too cold though and no fault of the candle. 

It's a nice candle but one that was nice to experience once. I would purchase another candle from the brand because I do want to experience more of their scents....






No comments:

Post a Comment