Sunday, January 14, 2024

La Chatelaine Lychee Blueberry Soap Review

 I wasn't going to do another post but then I was watching Instagram shorts and one clip just woke me up and one thing led to another and now I'm in music mode. So I'm gonna do this last post and then maybe drink some sleepy time and go to sleep. 

La Chatelaine claims:

La Chatelaine vegetable-based soaps are made in Provence using time-honored craftsmanship and ethically-sourced natural and organic ingredients. Enriched with Organic Shea Butter, Organic Calendula, Organic Argan Oil, and Vitamin E to leave your skin feeling cleansed, soft, and moisturized. They are triple-milled, resulting in a long-lasting bar with a luxurious lather. Our scents are phthalate-free and created by distinguished perfumers in Grasse, France. Cruelty-free and formulated without BHT, Parabens, Phthalates, Gluten, Soy, or GMOs. Chic embossed tins will keep your soaps dry, whether lathering up at home or jet setting through the Côte d’Azur.

  • Lychee Bilberry
  • Made in France

I've used a few of their soaps now. This order was just because I was trying to get the minimum for an Amazon order. They don't really seem to stock them like they used to. I never see more than two in stock. Wonder if something is going on with the brand or maybe it's just Amazon.

Anyway...Lychee Blueberry. I know Lychee notes are being used more and more in perfumes. But it's still not a scent I see too often in bath and body products. Lychee doesn't really have a smell though. At least not in my opinion. As for bilberry- I thought it was some special berry I had never heard of. Then I googled and it's just blueberry. Idk why they didn't just say blueberry. I guess they wanted to be different....

It just smells lightly fruity. It's an ok scent but you won't remember it once out the shower. I barely remember the scent even when I'm using it. It is a nice forgettable juicy fruity scent- no blueberry or identifiable lychee. But it's not strong at all. Maybe nice for those that like a light scent but I like something a little stronger.

As for everything else, it's fine. Lathers well, rinses clean, cleans well. And doesn't dry my skin.

Ingredients:

SODIUM PALMATE, SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, AQUA (WATER), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ORGANIC BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, PALM ACID, GLYCERIN, ORGANIC ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL, PALM KERNEL ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TOCOPHEROL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ORGANIC CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE

Overall, it's forgettable. But if you like a very light, fruity scent it might be one to try.

Now back to what has me all up and hyped at one in the AM. I was watching shorts and somebody sung the lyrics to He Wasn't Man Enough For Me. And the lyrics hit. Cause I was in this situation with an ex that would gaslight, lie, and neg me. At one point the girl he got with after me would not stop contacting me and this was one of my songs on repeat. He used to go on about how she lied, cheated, etc and I always used to think they deserved each other. Anyway...love, love, love this song. And I've listened to it about 10 times tonight. Going to give it one more listen then hit the sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment