Monday, January 15, 2024

L'or De Seraphine x Sheila Bridges Morningside Park Candle Review



 It's been a day. We had a lot of unexpected Snow today, which of course was the day I wanted to get to my new place and do some cleaning before I move in. The roads didn't change until way later in the day....and I was able to get over there and move some stuff in. I should probably continue packing but I am tired and all I want to do it light a candle and relax. 

L'or De Seraphine claims:

The Morningside Park candle is part of L'or de Seraphine's Harlem Toile collection, featuring interior designer Sheila Bridges' much-admired design, Harlem Toile de Jouy. These designs draw inspiration from traditional French toile, reimagined to celebrate a complex history and rich culture, while exploring stereotypes and allowing expression of politics and art.

SCENT NOTES: A fragrant bouquet of florals and greenery warm alongside freshly plucked fruits in the summer air. Bright notes of lemon peel and pear are balanced by heady and fresh gardenia, violette, orris and woods. Infused with essential oils, Morningside Park is lush and uplifting.

  • Burn time: 45 hours
  • Dimensions: 4"L x 4"W x 4"H; 6.4 oz.
  • Imported- Made in Vietnam



I bought these candle because I wanted the art. I love Sheila Bridges artwork and she had a few collabs this last year that were all way more than I was comfortable paying. But I figured I could swing the candle. And I can keep the jar forever once it's cleaned out and use it to store stuff and as decoration. 

The design on this jar is my favorite. It combines purple and teal. And on the front you have little girls jumping rope- a very popular activity for New York city girls when they were young. My Mom grew up in New York and she could double dutch- which I can't figure out how to do for the life of me. The back you have a group of women getting ready for the day by doing their hair etc. I just love the imagery. Definitely keeping the jar forever! 

The scent of this candle reminds me of another candle I bought not too long ago. It was the Brooklyn Candle Sunday Morning scent which was a fruity floral gardenia candle. I was disappointed in the throw of that candle though otherwise I would have really liked this. 



I've never smelled real gardenia flowers but I feel like after this candle and the other- I know what the gardenia note is. It's a very interesting flower. It's a more mature smelling floral to me. I can't describe it, except that once you know gardenia- you know it. This candle is mainly gardenia. 

And pear. I don't think I've ever had anything pear that nailed the fragrance in a very natural and immediately recognizable way. The pear especially comes through when lit. I'm always surprised by how pear it truly is.

I really like that the Seraphine candles smell more authentic. They don't smell artificial or fake or cheap. They smell more real and authentic and I am starting to really appreciate that.

The candle itself is very light. I can definitely smell it when I light it, but it's very much a background scent. It won't knock you over and hit you in the face. It's just there, noticeable and light. I like it..but I do kinda wish it was just a tad stronger.

As for the candle itself...it's supposed to be a Palm wax. I'm not sure if it is blended with anything else- they don't say. BUT I found the candle to be slow burning. It seriously seems to last forever for its size. It claims 45 hours but I feel like it lasts longer. It also burns very cleanly. You can burn it forever and won't have any issues with smoking or soothing. And as long as you don't cut the wick too short it burns down evenly. My room is usually colder so I have had to foil it to help it burn evenly and did mistakenly cut the wick down too short and it's been a struggle but it's almost corrected. 

Overall, I have enjoyed it. It's discontinued now....so I can't buy it again. But if you can still find it somewhere and gardenia pear appeals to you, this would be a great one to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment