Sunday, October 30, 2022

Brooklyn Candle Studio Sunday Morning Gold Travel Candle Review


 Almost Halloween. I have a line up of scary things to watch tonight and can't wait to light a candle and get started. I started watching American Horror Stories last night along with The Watcher. I might switch it up tonight and watch both...just alternating. Not sure yet. In the meantime a candle review. I bought this on sale of course.

Brooklyn Candle Studio claims:

Reminiscent of whiling away a Sunday morning at the local farmer's market, sifting through luscious fruits and freshly picked flowers. Top notes of pear and bergamot float above a heart of jasmine and gardenia with a heady base of amber woods.

Made in Brooklyn, New York with 100% soy wax for an eco-friendly clean burn. We use lead-free cotton wicks and premium fragrance oils infused with essential oils. Our candles are vegan, cruelty-free, phthalate-free, and petroleum-free.




I was browsing the Nordstrom sale in need of some candles and saw this for $12. A decent discount because the list price is $18. I wasn't too confident in the purchase because most of the other reviews for this brand complain about the candles having no throw. I figured it would be best to see for myself.

The packaging is basic. Just a gold travel tin, nothing really special about it. Kind of cheap packaging if I am being honest. But could be fine if they are putting the money into the quality of the candle....

I like a fruity floral scent...and I do really like this scent. It's just pleasant. Something I wouldn't mind burning on a daily basis. More of a daytime scent or something pleasant to have in the background while working from home. I can't pick out the claimed notes. I guess I get pear? IDK. Florals..yes. And I think what I really like are the amber woods. Just recently discovered that's my jam when it comes to scents. 

The problem is that it has no throw. And I know a small candle can do it because the Voluspa candles did. I can barely smell it sitting next to me. After hours you might pick up a faint sweetness of the candle. 

I did light it in the bathroom today which is much smaller and it does scent the bathroom just fine. So I might just banish it to the bathroom to use during baths or when I'm playing in skincare and makeup for an extended period of time. Or maybe when I just want the bathroom to smell nice. 

It claims 30 hours...IDK. I don't time the burn time but from what I'm seeing so far I am going to guess no. 

For me it just wasn't really worth it. I do love that the brand is a smaller brand, made in the USA, and woman owned. It makes me want to buy more..but for now I'll just stick with other brands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment