Monday, October 31, 2022

Royal and Langnickel Omnia BOM-40 Shader Brush Review

 Before I commence with Halloween night, lightning my candles and turning on something scary...figured I would get a post done. We are already done passing out candy...and actually still have quite a bit leftover.  I love seeing the kids in their costumes, although we have quite a few overgrown kids that should definitely not be out trick or treating. And then the little kids that don't want to open their bags and will try to grab your whole handful 😐😂

But anyway...brush review. 

Omnia claims:

Apply and blend eyeshadow over the lid with this fluffy, medium-sized shader brush. The narrow depth also makes this a great brush for diffusing shadow or liner along the lower lash line.

OMNIA® GOLD is the next-generation of professional makeup brushes. Each brush uses only the finest quality natural hair. This hair is meticulously selected and incredibly soft while still maintaining the density needed to pick up and deposit product with accuracy and precision. Every brush is handcrafted to perfection, creating the finest brush possible, exceeding all expectations.


This brush looks nothing like what I expected. I was expecting a small shader brush. And this is HUGE. And very thick. I think I was expecting something like the MAC 239 but a smidge larger. This is NOT a medium shader brush. 

MAC 239, Omnia Shader 

It claims you can use it to apply and blend shadow. I don't think it does a great job of applying the shadow. It's more like you are just fluffing it on and it doesn't build up right, you don't have control, and since you aren't really patting it in correctly, it doesn't stay. It can be good to use to set concealer (powder)  on the eyelid, but not packing on or applying color. You can use it to blend- but it probably wouldn't be my first choice. Diffusing shadow or liner on the lower line? No.

I think this does work well for facial use. If you like to be precise with setting under the eye. Nice for nose contour. 

It can be scratchy at times, depending on how you hold the brush. But mostly it's soft.


I notice some of the gold is peeling of mine. Which is disappointing. I have heard they have great customer service, I'm not bothered enough to write them. It has made me not like the material on the handle. I wish they just painted the brush like MAC does. But then again, for the price I paid, I can't complain much. I got it 40% off.

Overall, it fills a space in my collection. I gave my last large shader to my sister. Not my favorite brush, not one I highly recommend. But I'm not mad it's in my collection either.



No comments:

Post a Comment