Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Lush Silver Bells Shower Bomb Review


 My very first shower bomb. It feels like I am always trying new products from Lush. They really do try to innovate. I'm not sure what I thought this was when I bought it, I didn't realize it was a shower bomb until I bought it home. Or else I might not have bought it. I love trying the different bath bombs, they are nice for relaxing. But a shower bomb? IDK Lush was trying to hit the market for people that don't quite like baths...but still want something special.

Lush claims:

Get into the festive mood

Step into the shower and wrap yourself in luxury with this single serving of thick cleansing foam. Crisp and fresh scented, this shower bomb will leave you reinvigorated and ready to ring-a-ling.

I've had this for a couple of months and just put off using it. I even dragged it out of storage to encourage me to use it and it just sat there. It moved spots a few times. Now I'm pretty much out of all my bath products and noticed it had broken so I figured I would finally just use it.

I can't really wrap my head around the fact that this is soap, so I still use a soap like I normally would. Then followed up with this. It kind of foams up a bit and feels like an oil or moisturizer going on. That was surprising to me. I'm not sure I get the point of this...not sure it's really filling a gap that a nice shower gel or soap can't fill. 

 And it can get pricey per use. From what I read it's a single use but I've been able to get a few days out of it. I just let it sit on a soap dish once I'm done with it to dry for the next day. 

The scent is really nice at first. I can't really describe it other than I love the scent the first few seconds, it smells so nice. I want a perfume of it. It's not strong, it doesn't linger either. But after a few seconds it kinda smells like hot dog water. IDK. Maybe it's because I let it sit too long and you have to use it when it's fresher. 

It has some nice oils, neroli, clove (one of my faves), clary sage....of course I never find Lush stuff to actually smell like the essential oils they use but I still like to see them in that ingredient list.

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar, Citric Acid, Potato Starch, DRF Alcohol, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Calcium Lactate Gluconate, Seaweed, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Neroli Oil, Clove Bud Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Water, Titanium Dioxide, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Glitter, Dipropylene Glycol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Citral, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Parfum, Colour

Overall, for the price I just don't think it was worth it. 

Random: I made my first candle today. I just melted old wax (the very bottom of old candles)  to make a new candle. I had some trouble..the wick wouldn't stick so I had to pull out the glue gun. I didn't center it right. The wax isn't smooth etc. But it was still fun. I can't wait to light it. It's smells mostly of Voluspa Forbidden Fig and Pumpkin. Not going to be a great scent but that's OK.



No comments:

Post a Comment