Wednesday, November 2, 2022

The Honest Company Grapefruit Grove Hand Sanitizer Spray Review

 Another hand sanitizer review. And not the usual Bath and Body ones.  I branched out a little. The Honest Company is a new to me company, I remember hearing a ton about it years ago and I would see the brand but never really felt tempted to try it. I think because when I first saw them, I didn't really think the ingredients were as "clean" as they claim.

I love anything Grapefruit scented though so I picked it up.

The Honest Company claims:

A plant-based sanitizer that effectively kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria. Hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested, our quick-drying spray formula is made with a combination of naturally-derived glycerin and aloe to help leave skin feeling soft and moisturized. — without a sticky residue.

Made in the USA with US and imported materials.

Basically all hand sanitizers do the same. I just want them to do what they do without drying my hands and smell nice. This does sanitize without drying. But I don't like the scent.

It smells reminiscent of grapefruit..but really weird. And off. 

I do like the ingredients, it has Aloe Vera ,Calendular Chamomile, and it's scented with Grapefruit Essential Oil. 

Ingredients:

Ethyl Alcohol 62%,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citral, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Ethyl Butyrate, Gamma-Undecalactone, Glycerin, Grapefruit Mercaptan, Limonene, Maltol, Methylbenzyl Acetate, Triethyl Citrate, Water


Overall, I wouldn't buy it again. I love the scent of grapefruit and this is just not it. Reading the reviews there were a lot of complaints about the scent- maybe they changed the ingredients recently? Or are using a smelly alcohol? 


No comments:

Post a Comment