Monday, January 1, 2024

Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath Review

We made it to 2024 and I am already coming into this year with some big changes. I'm sad and excited at the same time but just gonna take it one day at a time. First review of the year....melon daiquiri shower gel. I have tried quite a few philosophy products at this point and none of them stand out. I could do without every single one of them, this included.

Philosophy claims:

gently cleanse, condition, and soften your skin and hair from head to toe while the lush melon daiquiri scent lifts your mood and makes bath time a special happy hour.

fragrance notes

melon
watermelon

I've never had a melon daiquiri...only strawberry and I do like them a lot. I used to be interested in trying all the recipes on the bottles- but tried a few and didn't have much luck with them so I'm going to skip testing out the daiquiri recipe on the bottle . But if I ever see it at a restaurant...I would be sure to order one. 

I like this one much more than I like SeƱorita Margarita...but I still don't like this one much. It's very overpriced...luckily I bought mine on sale for about six or so dollars. I wouldn't purchase the large size for more than $10.00 though.  It smells like the taste of the melon bubble-licious bubblegum.  So basically a mix of all the melon- honeydew, watermelon, maybe cantaloupe. But in a very artificial way.


The scent is not strong though and does not linger.

It lathers OK though...and does not dry my skin. I knows it'a 3 in 1....but I wouldn't use it as a shampoo and not even remotely interested in trying it as a bubble bath. I have been trying to use it up as quick as possible and so I tend to use massive amounts. 

Philosophy always has a too long ingredient list with way too many synthetic ingredients for me. There are some ingredients I really don't understand being in the list- such as acrylates copolymer. I think that's a micro plastic but I need to research those more.

Ingredients:

ingredients: aqua/water/eau, sodium laureth sulfate, lauryl betaine, acrylates copolymer, glycerin, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, phenoxyethanol, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, parfum/fragrance, sodium benzoate, styrene/acrylates copolymer, citric acid, polyquaternium-7, sodium hydroxide, laureth-2, sodium sulfate, disodium edta, maltodextrin, sodium lauryl sulfate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, benzoic acid, panthenol, camellia sinensis leaf extract, sodium sulfite, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, potassium sorbate, hexylene glycol, fd&c red no. 4 (ci 14700), fd&c yellow no. 5 (ci 19140), d&c red no. 33 (ci 17200).


Overall, it's OK. I bought a gift set and only have one more to try. Hopefully I saved the best for last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment