Thursday, January 4, 2024

Plant Therapy Cypress Essential Oil Review


 I was digging through my massive stash of oils, one of my goals for 2024 is to try and get through a few bottles of oil- so that one day I can finally buy more. I've had this bottle of Cypress for years at this point and it's time to use it up. This bottle is nearly all gone so I figured it would be a good one to try and use up. 

Plant Therapy claims:

  • Encourages emotional stability
  • Supports a healthy respiratory system
  • Promotes clear, healthy looking skin

What a better way to support a healthy respiratory system than to take in the refreshing, evergreen aroma of Cypress? This herbaceous, spicy, yet clean scent does more than just help you breathe better during seasonal threats. In times of grief or sadness, Cypress Essential Oil can help uplift your emotions, giving you the emotional quality that provides comfort and support. Through the normal stages of aging, some may develop varicose veins. Applying Cypress to this can help ease the appearance.

Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Leaf Oil, France/Spain

I wanted Cypress oil because I like the name. And because I remember reading about Cypress oil in the bible. So it must be good stuff, right?  Commercially I feel like a lot of things that claim to be cypress scented are really pine. Cypress smells nothing like pine. I don't know how to decribe it, but it's a very mellow scent. Almost reminds me of some pen ink in a gel pen  I had decades ago...but even that description is very off. Just very mellow and nondescript. I like it. I think it's a woody scent that I can really appreciate unlike some others I have used in the past. 

It supposed to be good for emotional stability. I can't really say for sure...but I think it maybe has an effect? It's great for respiratory health so I have been making sure to diffuse it to boost everyones respiratory system because pneumonia is something I've been seeing in the news pretty regularly. This is a kid safe oil too so if you have kids, this is just fine to use around them. 

I don't really remember using it on my face but if it's not gone before my DIY face cream is gone, I will definitely give it a try in my next one. 

It's also supposed to be good for grief, I was trying Petitgrain for it a few months ago and it worked fine but I hate the smell of Petitgrain so wouldn't buy that one again but I would buy this one again. 

It's not a top five oil but possibly a top ten. I would buy it again- one day when I finally use the majority of my stash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment