Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Harlem Candle Co. Luminary Candle Review


 I went a little crazy buying Harlem candles over Christmas time. I found out Macy's was having a sale and ordered quite a few candles. That way I would be set for awhile. And I am set for the next couple of months. So as much as I want to keep shopping for candles...I can't. At least until I burn through a couple more.

Harlem Candles claims:

Celebrate glamour with this sophisticated creation from Harlem Candle Co. The luxury candle features lush floral fragrance accented with sensual sandalwood and musk.

  • Approx. dimensions: 3.25" diameter x 4"H
  • Approx. weight: 12 oz.
  • Scent notes: Mandarin, green apple, juicy pear, lush jasmine petals, sensual sandalwood, and golden musk
  • WARNING - Burn candle within sight. Keep away from combustibles/Keep away from things that can catch fire
  • Warning: Keep away from children and pets
  • Black Owned, Woman Owned
  • Soy wax
  • Made in USA

As far as I can tell this seems to be a Macy's exclusive. The scent is supposed to be Jasmine and Pear Blossom. Usually I am a sucker for a Jasmine scent...and I thought I would love this when I first got it and sniffed it cold. Now that I have burned it a few times...I don't really like the scent. I don't get Jasmine at all. I couldn't tell you what Pear Blossom smells like, but it doesn't smell like pear either. There is nothing sandalwood or musky about it. It smells like a generic sour fruit. I think it smells like something you can get at Bath and Body Works. And that's hard for me to say because I love the brand. I just don't love this candle. 

I have it burning now...but mostly I try to stick to burning it while I work. It's more of a daytime- summer or spring scent. 

Other than that the jar is very pretty. The candle burns pretty well....except it does have tendency to smoke if you burn it too long. And it's also a fast burner. I notice that compared to a lot of other candles and especially one wick candles- it burns very quickly. 

It is supposed to be soy wax. More likely a soy wax blend. Not sure what else it might be mixed with but I've had pure soy candles and they usually burn just a bit cleaner. 

The scent strength is great though. It usually drifts from whatever room I have it in to the hallway. 

Overall, this is probably my least favorite Harlem Candle Co. candle. I do still love the brand (it's black owned which is a huge plus!)  so I am definitely going to keep trying them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment