Sunday, March 31, 2024

Asian Salmon Patties, Cabbage Soup, and Cranberry Walnut Bread

 Happy Easter Sunday! I've been having a very productive yet lazy and laid back Sunday. 

I feel like I've been cooking a lot this past week...but haven't made too many new things except what I have to post here.

First up- Asian Salmon Patties. I free-styled a lot of this recipe because I didn't have the seasoning mix or premade sauce and they came out really good. I just bought a regular pack of Salmon-cooked it one day and then made the patties with the leftovers. These were pretty and fried up crispy with nice flavor. I did soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger for the flavoring. I had leftover rice so I made fried rice and added okra, red pepper and mushrooms. Gotta get those veggies in! You can find the recipe here. 


Next I made cabbage soup. Not terribly exciting but I haven't eaten cabbage in a minute so it was nice to make and add back for a little of vegetable variety to my life. I still have the other half of the cabbage left since this only used half of a small one. The flavor on this was different- I guess because of the caraway? It wasn't bad. Just very different. I did also end up adding extra stuff to the cabbage when I cooked it down because I was scared it would be bland. Definitely wasn't bland. You can find the recipe here.  I also add fried crispy onions to add texture.


And last up I made Cranberry Walnut Bread today. It was surprisingly easy. I bought a banneton for proofing bread a very long time ago and am just now getting around to using it. You just add all the ingredients to a bowl, let sit two hours, shape and let sit another hour. And bake. I did knead mine a bit. I can't help it! It came out nice and crusty but soft on the inside. It's not sweet and the walnut and cranberry additives are nice. Makes you feel like you are baking fancy things. I bought cookie butter and topped it with for a snack. So good. I definitely need to bake loaves more regularly. 





And that's allllll. Until next time 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment