Monday, April 1, 2024

Senna Cosmetics 31 Precision Shadow Brush Review


 Finally down to the last eye brush in my collection that I need to review. Except for a few liner brushes but I still haven't started digging into my gel liner so those reviews are a long way off.  After this I'll be moving on to the face brushes. 

Senna claims:

Baby tapered shape applies spot color for highlighting the brow arch, accenting eyelid and inner eye corner, or smudging color under the eyes. Synthetic nylon.

This brush is discontinued now. Which is why I got it at a great price. I can't find exactly how much now but it had to be five dollars or less. Could have even been only a dollar. Way better deal than the ELF brushes.


At first I thought it really wasn't worth it but it's grown on me. 

You can definitely tell that the brush bristles are synthetic. But not in a bad way. They are really soft and feel nice. I think they are too soft though and that's what makes it easy to tell that it is synthetic. 

That being said I did struggle with what to use it for at first. I don't think it's a must have- but it does make a really nice lip brush if you have larger lips. I have soup coolers and this brush works really well because it doesn't take all day to put the color on and it's still precise. I do prefer a more tapered tip but this will do in a pinch. 

I also like it to put shadow (matte and colorful) towards the inner corner. Or packing color on. You really get the concentrated color before you blend it out with another brush so it doesn't stay as concentrated but it still works. You could use it to smudge out liner. Or tap color onto the lower lash line.

It's pretty versatile...I will find uses for it. But it's not really a must have just one that's nice to have when I need a smaller more precise brush. That's not too often because I do tend to throw color on and then run out the door. 

I have a few Senna Brushes- they don't get tons of use but so far they are holding up well and all look new. I love the wood handles with black ferrule. But the ones with aluminum feel higher quality. 

I do see that it's still for sale at Nigel's Beauty so if this is a brush you want...you can still buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment