Sunday, April 28, 2024

Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Root Vegetable Soup, Brioche French Toast

 After doing all that research and looking up ovens, it turns out mine wasn't broken. I randomly decided to try it again yesterday and it cut right on. I'm so glad I didn't just rush and order another one. Hopefully it continues to keep working because I do like having a mini oven. It heats up so much quicker than a larger one, but I do think the temperature thing might be off but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Anyway..already time for another food post. I kinda cheated because it wasn't on the list but oh well.

First up, Chipotle Mashed Sweet potatoes. LOVED THESE. I love chipotle anything but especially paired with Sweet potatoes. I keep the chipotles in adobo in the freezer and just grab from it whenever I need it. Would 100 percent make again. The texture might have been a little off because I added a bit too much milk but that can easily be fixed and didn't bother me at all.  I made Gyudon to go with it! My favorite :) 

Next up, Root Vegetable Soup. This was another Vitamix Soup recipe. I haven't had the greatest luck with their soups lately but this one was actually good. It had turnips and was supposed to have parsnips which I couldn't find so I just used extra carrots. I also kinda messed it up because I bought sour cream instead of heavy cream so I added that and extra milk. I really liked it! It was also super easy and only took a couple minutes. I added crispy fried onions for some texture. 



Last thing I made was Brioche French toast. I have made French toast with regular white bread, french bread (one of my faves), and now brioche. The last couple times I had used Brioche and it always comes out so good! French toast and Waffles are my favorite breakfast foods....and these didn't disappoint. I had a scrambled egg and cooked tomatoes to go with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment