Monday, April 29, 2024

Hask Argan Oil Repairing Deep Conditiner for Dry, Damaged Hair Review

 


Do ya'll know about med spas? I fell down the rabbit hole of med spas this weekend and learned that they are largely unregulated in the U.S. This means anyone can just start one and begin injecting random stuff into customers. I was mostly intrigued by the story of a girl that went for Vitamin b12 shots alongside some sort of fat burning shots and ended up with Mycobacterium - which is a flesh eating disease. I never planned on going to a Med Spa but especially never would knowing they are largely unregulated...and some don't even carry proper insurance or order their injectables from reputable sources. Scary stuff. 

Anyway , let's talk Deep Conditioner. I've been pretty good at regularly deep conditioning. I've been sticking with 1- 2x per month. I don't really use heat on my hair so I don't think it's that needed. But I am planning to blow out my hair one of these days and want to make sure my hair is as healthy as possible. 

I like the Hask brand because there aren't any apparent micro-plastics/silicones in the product.

Hask claims:

ARGAN OIL 
REPAIRING DEEP CONDITIONER

Strengthens, Restores & Smooths Dry, Damaged Hair

Free of: sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, gluten and drying alcohol.
This deep conditioner is a super strengthening, hydrating treatment that will repair the look of dry, damaged and over-processed hair. Formulated with argan oil, unique to Morocco, to help reduce split-ends and leave the most damaged hair soft and nourished.


First thing I noticed was the scent-it's a very nice orange scent. I haven't smelled the ORS Replenishing Packs in awhile but they do smell similar. It smells nice but it's a mild scent that doesn't stick around much once you rinse out. 

Feels like your regular deep conditioner. I ended up using all of this one in one go. I got two uses out the Coconut one. I think it's because this one seemed to just disappear into my hair. I also used it to detangle and I did tend to add more in spots that took a little more product to get through. It doesn't have a lot of slip but it did work.

I didn't leave it overnight but I did leave it in a for a few hours. I know the directions say ten minutes but I like to let conditioners sit.

I think this might be a protein conditioner. When I rinsed my hair felt normal- not particularly moisturized. But it didn't feel dry. As it was drying it felt soft, I had some definition (didn't have anything but frizz with the Coconut one). Now today my hair feels kinda hard and a bit drier than usual. It does feel a little stronger and I'm sure if will be back to it's regular moisture level by tomorrow or the next day. 

I like the ingredients a little more than your typical drugstore ingredients. It has your regular filler conditioner ingredients along with a lot of stuff that is easily recognizable as good for your hair. 

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium chloride, Quaternium-18, Parfum/Fragrance, Lanolin, Argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed rice protein/siloxysilicate, Oryza sativa (rice) extract, Hydrolyzed collagen, Hydrolyzed keratin, Silk amino acids, Hydrolyzed soy protein, Sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, Juglans nigra (black walnut) leaf extract, Leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, Populus tremuloides bark extract, Citric acid, Glycerin, Panthenol, Isopropyl palmitate, Sodium PCA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl alcohol, Potassium sorbate, Sodium hydroxide, Chlorphenesin, Benzyl benzoate, Limonene, Caramel, CI 19140 (Yellow 5)


Overall, it's fine. I wouldn't get this one if you are looking for moisture- I think it works best as a protein/strengthening conditioner, this one might actually be too much for my hair. Felt like I lost some elasticity and got a few more tangles.I think they are mostly interchangeable to me, except this one is more strengthening (a bit more drying)  and didn't give me frizzy hair. Actually I think I do prefer the coconut on…... One more to go- the Keratin pack. I'll probably open that one up in a about a month or when my hair feels like it could use it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment