Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Johnson's Baby Bar Review


 I was just searching through my posts and realized I have never used any "baby products" -well except a body butter by the body shop. I'm kinda surprised by that because baby lotion was a staple for me all through high school- mostly for the smell because it didn't moisturize anything. I love the smell of baby products...I mostly bought this as an add on to get to the shipping minimum though. 

Johnson's claims:

Use bath time to gently cleanse your baby’s skin and have it feeling smooth with the baby bar, enriched with moisturizer to keep baby’s skin from drying out. This mild baby soap bar is grippable for easy bathing and gentle enough to use on the entire body, including your baby’s face.


I remember writing a paper back in college talking about the ingredients in most baby care...a lot of it is stuff I find questionable to use on a baby's skin because their skin is thinner and absorbs everything but it's a personal choice. I'm not using this on a baby- just myself. 

First thing. the scent. I love it. It smells just like a baby. Makes you want one 😂 It's just a nice, mild scent. It smells just like you would think it would. I tend to really like those type scents so I really love this! It's a nice break from some the floral, boozy, heavy scents I have been using lately. 

As for the soap- it works very well without any irritation or reactions anywhere. Lots of lather, rinses clean and only slightly drying some of the time.

I did try it on my face and it does sting if you get it in your eyes. Which is interesting because they recommend it for a babies face.....it was a bit drying. But it works. 

It does make soap scum. And it makes the bottom of my shower DIRTY! I have been in shower gel mode for a minute and I forgot how much more cleaning you have to do with actual soaps. It's OK. Cleaning the shower more often is a good thing.

It's a short ingredient list...I have seen other brands that make cleaner ingredient baby soaps. 

Ingredients:

Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin,  Titanium Dioxide, Pentesdium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Fragrance 

Overall, I really liked it. I would definitely pick up a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment