Thursday, April 25, 2024

Caldrea Pear Blossom Agave Candle Review

I wanted to do this post yesterday but I was so drained. All I did was sit around and watch those cheesy instagram romances where the guy is extra ornery, possessive, and crazy BUT the girl still ends up with him because he "changes". I'm also ashamed to admit sometimes I root for those guys. I'll probably watch another one when I am done with this post. 

Caldera claims:

Enhance your décor and extend your favorite fragrance into your entire home with our beautiful patterned glass Candle. Made with vegetable wax, beeswax, essential oils and other thoughtfully chosen ingredients. Burn time: 45 hours

Your curious mind searches for the world’s secrets. On your adventures, you discover quiet oases and underwater caves, taking with you the refreshing scent of Pear Blossom Agave.

Paraffin Free

I wanted to try something from the brand because I've heard nothing but good things about their cleaning stuff. I do really want to try their stuff but I have a lot of cleaning junk at the moment and cannot justify buying any more.  But I can justify a new candle. 

I bought this candle off Amazon...and I'm not sure I would purchase their candles again.

I really didn't like the scent...there is something in it that smells like it could be nice. But there's something that smells kinda food like and reminds me of Bath and Body Works candles or something I have smelled before and I really dislike that. So I don't like the scent. Luckily you can barely smell it most of the time and I only get whiffs every now and again. I've been burning it a lot to try and get rid of it. Which is how I treat all the candles I dislike. If I like it, I tend to savor it and not burn it as much or as quickly. 

I can say it smells nothing like any pear or agave (does agave have  smell?) I have ever smelled. It's supposed to have lemon and jasmine essential oil. But I can't say that I smell either of those. 

It has a 40 hour burn time, I think it's longer than that. But I'm not sure. I like that is contains veggie wax and beeswax. I didn't notice any problems with sooting or smoking so it is very clean burning. Sometimes I had to foil hat it but it mostly burned very evenly and was problem free.

It's not a bad candle, I just think the scent could be better. As well as the scent throw. I would still try the cleaning spray because I know it has to smell better than this. 

The glass jar is nice but in comparison to some of the other containers I have kept in the collection it's very basic...feels around the same quality as a Bath and Body Works candle. The quality of the glass can vary by brand and the did not feel as lux as my lux candles. For the price (even cheaper on Amazon, it's not a big deal.)

It didn't work out for me but I haven't written the brand off.


No comments:

Post a Comment