Friday, April 26, 2024

Urban Decay BlackMail Vice Lipstick Review

 

All the stuff in my kitchen seems to be slowly breaking. First my little kitchen scale. which I use when baking for accuracy. It just bit the dust, so I replaced it and I like the replacement much better. And now the toaster/small oven just decided to break. I definitely want to replace it but the replacement is expensive...I need it to go on sale. I guess I should get on the searching/researching.

But back to lipstick. Years and years ago my friend got me the Urban Decay Vice Lipstick palette. It's long expired but I still keep it. It doesn't smell off or look off and works the same as the day I got it so it will probably continue to stay in the collection. At least Blackmail is the last color I need to review. And I have actually used up most of the colors.

Usually I would put the claims here but this lipstick shade is long discontinued so I don't feel like digging through the net too much.

I remember a time when Urban Decay used to be a top makeup brand. They found so much success with the Naked Palette...but lost their edginess. They became boring. I would still buy from them...I just haven't in years. 

This is probably not a color I would have bought on its own- but only because I have MAC Cyber which is similar enough to not need this one. This is more of a burgundy-black based color while MAC Cyber is more purple based black. 

The color of this so very saturated...and VERY dark on me. It's a look I wouldn't wear most days but maybe out to dinner in the fall. Or a cool spring/cold winter night. 

I like that it comes in a palette because I believe these type of colors are best applied with care. And by that I mean it works better with a brush. To get the most out of it I reccomend thin layers. Only two needed. Apply, blot, and reapply. That way I find it truly wears a long time.  It doesn't move around much and it's very saturated. Urban Decay makes great lipsticks.

I think it's a very pretty color, worth owning at least one in the collection (I have four super dark colors that fulfill the same purpose) . I wish Urban still carried the edgy colors they used to carry though...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment