Friday, April 5, 2024

Nest Bamboo Reed Diffuser Review

This was my first scented purchase made specially for my apartment. I wanted something to passively scent the hallway and make the space smell inviting and nice when I first walk in the door. So I thought I would try a reed diffuser. I haven't had one of these since I bought one a few years ago at The Body Shop outlet. I remember liking the one I had from them- it was the juicy Satsuma scent and it did well to scent the area. So I thought I would go a bit fancier and get the Nest Brand. I find Nest a brand that has more misses for me...but I keep giving them a try because they are easy to get my hands on locally without ordering. 

Nest claims:

Create the aroma of a welcoming garden with this bestselling fragrance, Bamboo. This Reed Diffuser features the iconic scent’s blend of white florals with an abundance of lush green notes and hints of sparkling citrus.

Green Notes, Lush Jasmine, Hyacinth, White Lotus 

I really enjoyed the Bamboo scent when I had it in the votive candle form. It just has the nicest floral scent...and you can really smell the "green" element that comes in a bouquet of flowers. It smells like you might have real flowers hidden somewhere. 



The mini candle that I had was very strong..and it was so small. So I thought this would be the same. But...most days I can't smell it and I walk past it multiple times a day. Other days I get whiffs of as I am walking by. Usually when I flip over the reeds is when I can smell it best. I do it when I remember. 

My hallway area is really not that large so for the price I was definitely expecting more. This just didn't live up to the price. I have had it now for about 2 months and there is quite a bit of oils left. I wonder if the reason it doesn't scent the space as much is because the hallway is so cold? There isn't any heat in my hallways area so it has tended to be FREEZING. 

I didn't pay anywhere near the sticker price for this..but I still think for the performance, it is very overpriced. You can keep the glass bottle and just refill and buy new reeds. But the refills cost more than what I paid for this set, so I won't be doing that. 

Overall, I just didn't think it was worth it. I do want to experiment with other brands reed diffusers to see if those work any better than me. And I will also update if I have better luck as it warms up. Still not impressed with the brand- but I will probably still occasionally try more. I do want to get my hands on the large size Bamboo as I think I would really enjoy burning that and I know that the scent is nice and strong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment