Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sugar Biscuits, Low-Fat Tortillas/Tortillas Soup, Japanese Marinade

 Time for yet again another food post- I was looking ahead at my list and there are so many soups I need to get through...somehow it is still soup weather. We had a few days of really gorgeous weather and then Winter came back. Winter, wind, hail, and rain. Yuck! I almost switched out to my summer blanket but I'm glad I didn't...I would quickly went to dig my big heavy Winter one back up.



I actually thought these were some kind of sweet biscuit....I forgot that in the UK they call cookies biscuits. This recipe is from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. So..they were just sugar cookies. I made mine in the food processor and halved the recipe. I think sugar cookies are the most boring of all the cookies....but these weren't bad. Especially after letting them sit a day. They remind me of when I was a kid making the Easy Bake sugar cookies in my room. I tried to get as much flavor as possible out of them by using vanilla sugar AND vanilla extract and they do smell very vanilla-y.  I think I am going to make some vanilla pudding and then make a banana pudding with the rest of them. YUM! 


Next up...more tortillas. The low fat version. Honestly I would make these over the supposed high fat ones. They are so good! Not sure what the baking soda is supposed to do, I think that's the first time I've used it.  Mine  always come out ugly and mis-shaped. I cannot roll a round one to save my life. I can eat them plain right out the pan...and I did! I am probably done making tortillas for awhile but next time I do I am investing in a tortilla press.


Then I made Vitamix Tortilla Soup. I think they demo'd this when I first saw the Vitamix. Their version was good. Mine was not. Vitamix does some soups really well, others not so much. And this one was one that didn't work for me. Glad I tried it though.

Then we have Japanese Marinade. I missed one  ingredient which was Mirin...but I chose to marinade salmon and unfortunately it was salty. I usually like to buy this: 


Probably better for heartier meats. Glad I tried...wish it worked out better for me! I think it would work well with beef or chicken though


I feel like except for the cookies I had an off week...it happens sometimes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment