Friday, April 19, 2024

Voluspa Jardin De Verveine Candle Review


I didn't plan on doing a post today but I want to get this candle review out the way. Somehow it is still candle weather so I am still burning my candles like crazy and recently bought quite a few to replace the last few I used up.  I want to get through at least two before the summer heat hits because I do not want to have them for months and months. Mostly because I don't like them.

Voluspa claims:

Fragrance Family: Green
Notes of Lemongrass, Verbena, Lime & Herb Cuttings.

Peer through stalks of lemongrass and verbena as you enter the overgrown threshold of an alchemist’s sanctuary. As you soak in your surroundings, a zesty citrus and herbal accord cultivate your curiosity and enlighten your spirit. Stimulate your senses with notes of Lemon, May Chang and Lemongrass. Softened with a heart of Verbena, Lime, Geranium and a hint of Jasmine. Your thoughts and energy are suddenly refreshed by green Anise notes and a flash of Mint. This is where the magic happens…

Voluspas unique coconut wax blend is hand-poured into a 9.5 oz. glass and topped with a matching lid that keeps the candle dust-free when not in use, and doubles as a base when lit. The single wick allows you to enjoy fragrance throw for 60 hours. Our candles are hand-poured in the United States and feature our proprietary, clean-burning coconut wax blend and 100% natural wicks. Our products are free of phthalates, pesticides, parabens, and sulfates and are never tested on animals. Up-cycle this best seller into a keepsake after the last burn.

Hand poured in the USA

I really like the Voluspa brand...although their candles tend to be lighter in scent- they burn nicely. No smoking or sooting etc. Also  they are a luxury candle brand that aren't cheap but compared to other luxury candle brands the prices are a bit more affordable. Still expensive though.

I went for the classic candle size but I really wish I had opted for the mini tin candle. It would have saved me some cash, It's outside of the usual candle scents I would go for..but it's good to branch out sometimes.  This is a green scent. Or in my opinion it's citrus. When you first get it and sniff it cold it smells complex- I was fully expecting to like it. I don't know what I was smelling but it had depth to it. Burned it and all I get is Lime. So disappointing. I could literally get a bottle of lime essential oil, dilute it in some alchohol and water and spritz it around and it would be the same thing.  For the price, I expected more. Much more.

The packaging is really nice though. I do really like the black glass jar and will be keeping it to repurpose. It also comes in a really nice box that makes it really giftable. The box is really so pretty with images of a lush green garden. You can tell they put a lot of thought into the design of the box and the imagery on it. I think this is supposed to be from an elevated collection than just your everyday Voluspa scents. 

It is supposed to be Coconut Wax. I don't know if it's a blend or what it's blended with but this one feels softer than their normal wax. I also usually notice with this brand the first light I get zero scent and then it starts scenting the room for subsequent lightings. The candle is light but it will travel to other rooms when I have it on- very lightly however. 

It claims 60 hour burn time...and I don't think it's quite that high. It definitely seems to be burning quicker than their regular classic candle. Since I don't love the scent, I'm not too broken up about it except for it does feel like a waste of cash.

Overall, wasn't worth the money. Glad I branched outside of the scents I usually go for but it wasn't worth it for this one. If I try more "green" scents and find something better I will link it here later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment