Sunday, May 5, 2024

Port Products Sand Bar Exfoliating Bar Soap Review

 


This is definitely a mens brand. Men's skincare has been exploding in the last couple of years. Everywhere you look you see products marketed towards men. Dr. Squatch Soaps was the first brand I really noticed. Dove Men Care etc. I don't have any desire to really start trying it, I just bought this soap because it was next on the bar soap list and tea tree and mint scents are for everyone. I also wanted something more exfoliating without having to buy a scrub. 

Port Products claims:

A new take on a classic shower staple featuring a deeply hydrating and gently polishing formula.

  • A rich, lathering formula that uses volcanic sand to shed dead skin.

  • Detoxifying charcoal gently cleanses.

  • Our Marine Layer® skincare technology utilizes ocean botanicals like kelp and spirulina to help skin retain moisture.

  • Coconut oil leaves skin hydrated, smooth and refreshed.

  • A subtle yet invigorating aroma of tea tree and energizing mint.


Volcanic Sand and Spiraling 
Made In USA (Ethically)  

I'll start off with the scent -which really does smell like it was scented with only essential oils. That's pretty cool in that most bars you find- except the hand made bars-use more than just essential oils. It's definitely tea tree, maybe some mint, and citrus. Maybe orange. It doesn't have the sharpness that most tea tree scents have. It really reminds of the the tea tree citrus Zum Bar.  I prefer tea tree scents blended like this.

The bar itself is a nice five ounce size. It has silica-I'm not sure if that's sand. I guess it is? My actual bar says silica but the website does say volcanic sand. They are little blue pieces that function as the exfoliant. They are a bit sparse through the bar and don't really feel exfoliating- they kinda feel scratchy. In terms of a sand soap- the best one I have ever used is the now discontinued Lush Sandbar.  Afterwards my skin doesn't feel any smoother but it does feel softer. 

It bubbles and lathers very nicely. Rinses easily and cleanly.  And cleans super well, I always find the addition of tea tree makes a soap super effective. Would probably be a nice after workout soap. The first time I used it was a bit drying but my skin has gotten used to it and it's not as drying now. 

I like the ingredients. It has some great stuff- coconut oil, Shea Butter, Charcoal Powder, Sprulina etc. I'm impressed! 

Ingredients:

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Natural Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Gluconate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Volcanic Sand, Palm Acid, Sodium Chloride, Palm Kernel Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Citric Acid. 

Overall, not a bad soap. I probably wouldn't repurchase it but I'm not mad I tried it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment