Thursday, May 9, 2024

Voluspa Mokara Candle Review (Classic Size)


 I am exhausted and really need to get into bed but I have a few more things to do before I go. And somehow I'm not getting any of it done. I'm just lounging around being lazy.  Hopefully after I finish this post I'll get moving.

Today I have a candle review. 

Voluspa claims:

Notes of Mokara Orchid, White Lily & Spring Moss.

Wander through an island garden and explore its meandering paths. Exotic blossoms of orchid, tuberose, freesia and white lily are edged with cooling moss, sheltered under the shade of citrus trees; all gathered in a sultry, tropical bouquet of scent - creating a breath of fresh island air.

Voluspas unique coconut wax blend is hand-poured into a 9 oz. embossed glass jar with decorative gift box. The single wick allows you to enjoy fragrance throw for 60 hours. Our candles are hand-poured in the United States and feature our proprietary, clean-burning coconut wax blend and 100% natural wicks. Our products are free of phthalates, pesticides, parabens and sulfates and are never tested on animals. Up-cycle this best seller into a keepsake after the last burn.

Made In USA

I'm pretty sure I got this one on sale and did not pay full price. And thank goodness. I should probably try the sampler sizes of these candles before I buy but I liked the Voluspa's floral Jasmine candle so much I figured couldn't go wrong with this.

It's supposed to be Mokara Orchid, White Lily, and Spring Moss. I never think Orchids have a scent- at least not the one's I buy in the grocery stores. I know what Lily smells like and I don't pick that up in this candle. And not sure about Spring Moss.



The reason this candle is disappointing is because I didn't get any scent until about half way through the candle. Half of it was just unscented and really felt like I was just burning a candle to be burning a candle. When the scent finally came through, it came through lightly but the throw seems to be getting better the more I light it now. The scent is just a light pleasing floral. Very much reminds me of the Jasmine candle- but just slightly different. Like that candle without the Jasmine note. 
It doesn't linger, once you blow it out it disappears without a trace. 

I was expecting something different. 

I always love the Voluspa packaging. This is no exception, although the color of the jar is a bit boring. I'll probably keep this one for a while to repurpose. But may eventually end up recycling it. I use these glass jars for just about everything. 

Voluspa uses Coconut Wax. Which is different from most candles. Not sure if they use paraffin. I typically love the coconut wax- but I think it makes very lightly fragranced  candles. None of the Voluspa scents are very heavy. I have had some sooting with this candle but usually that's when it's been lit 3 plus hours. Not sure why this one seems to smoke sooner and faster than the others. Could be the wick also which tends to mushroom out. Other than that it does burn down evenly without foiling. Especially now that it's warmer. 

It does claim a 60 hour burn time...but I don't think you get quite that. It seems to burn down rather quickly. 

The scent is nice. If you like light and nondescript florals you may like this. It's not something I would repurchase but I have enjoyed what little fragrance this was able to give off. When it comes down to it, I would go for the Jasmine Midnight Blooms candle over this one. It does come in a variety of other sizes so I do wonder if maybe the larger or smaller sizes are better.  It even comes in a refill size....for $24. I see more and more companies doing that and I'm excited about it. I see more Voluspa candles in my future....




No comments:

Post a Comment